HELP! 2 Days in and frustrated!

Jamieak2772

Hi Everyone!  I started the whole 30 on March 6th.  I was very inspired by the book.  I have been very low energy, don't sleep well, and have always had stomach issues.  I am excited to see if this helps with any of those.  I am two days in, and ready to quit!  I am a working mom to two young children (a toddler and baby).  I feel like all I have been doing is prepping food and cleaning dishes nonstop.  I feel sad that my kids want my attention, but if I don't prep the food I will have nothing to eat.  I would appreciate any guidance to make this easier.  I have already experienced exhaustion, sadness, and that ready to quit attitude.  This is an important journey that I need to go on to learn about and better my body.

I hope there are people with young children who will weigh in and give you tips. Did prep does take a long time and it is hard as a working mom, but mine are teenages at least they leave me alone in the kitchen. What I've been doing is putting as much of our meals as possible on the weekend so that I don't have to cook after work, or not much. I make a couple of crock pot meals, a big batch of soup or chili, roast some meat and starch veggies. Then during the week I just have to do salad or little things to complete a meal.

I hope that helps. You are a rock star for taking care of wee ones and yourself!

Hey just want to offer some words of encouragement. This  is my first whole 30 currently on day 9 and the first week for me was pretty difficult as well but it does get better. I also have small children, a preschooler, toddler and baby. What I found out after the first week is I cannot and will not spend all my time cooking so I started cooking in batches to last the week and I try and keep meals simple so it doesn't require much time to prepare. I set my kids up with an activity that will entertain them for awhile and set it around  the babies nap and cook as much as I can in that time, and cook whatever else I need once they're asleep. I am eating the same few meals over and over but I'd rather do that then spend all my time in the kitchen. I hope that helps and I really encourage you to hang in there, I'm noticing such great results and it's only day 9. 

Archived