March 20 is Day 1 - Here we go!

Sassy Pants

Hi Everyone!  Today is my day 1 on the Whole 30.  I'm excited to start this program and be on track to get my health back.  I look forward to getting my energy back and to get rid of bad habits.  I'm turning 50 this summer and I can't wait to be a happier, healthier me.  

4 minutes ago, Sassy Pants said:

Good luck back to you @Rachie037  

I think the no sugar rule is going to be the hardest for me.  I don't use any granulated sugar but I had been using Splenda, so drinking coffee black will take me a little getting used to but I know it's best for me.  

For my coffee I have been using a coconut cream/almond milk mixture from Califia Farms. I put a sprinkle of cinnamon and unsweetened cocoa powder in to give it some flavor. It's an acquired taste at first, but now I really enjoy it! 

Thanks for the tip about coffee.  

Most nights I don't sleep well so I've gotten into the habit of having a couple cups of coffee in the morning to give me the jolt to get me through the work day.  I couldn't get through even 1/2 cup of plain black coffee this morning so I'm sporting a caffeine headache right now.  I switched to hot tea and it's delicious.  Luckily I know it's temporary and just need to push through.  

My daughter was recently diagnosed as possibly having celiac disease.  Whole30 seems like a good way for me to get used to being gluten free and to see if I have any sensitivities as well. The sugar dragon will be tough for me too.  I went to decaf Earl Grey tea in the morning so I am not tempted to have coffee and sugar.  I tried drinking a cup of black coffee at work...it will take some getting used to. Good luck on Day 2 everyone!!!

Archived