Preparing to Start

WholeLifeWhole

Howdy! I have been reading about paleo eating for a little while but have had a difficult time getting started. I came across this website and have decided I want to just do it. I'll do the month of November, with 1 Nov as my start date.

It looks like there's a lot of information here on this site/forum, and I'm a little overwhelmed. What is the best way to start? I know it said to tell people (so I'm telling you) and read the book, but I don't have time to go buy the book and read it in the next couple days.

Is there a separate group starting in November? I see one for August, but nothing past that. I'm going to need support, I know.

Cheers,

Cati

WLW

On the website, if you go to the section entitled 'Our Book', there are quite a few pdfs you can download for free, shopping lists, pantry stocking, good fats, really loads of useful information. I'd also really recommend getting the daily emails at Whole30Daily. I found them excellent.

Personally the first thing I did was go right through the 'Can I have' section of this forum and it helped me get a good idea what was ok and what wasn't. Above all, don't be afraid to ask questions. There's loads of people on here who can help and the mods have been fantastic.

I would say, however, get the book as soon as you can because it has a wealth of information and is very easy to read. Good luck on your journey.

The first advice I would give you is to go through your pantry and read your food labels! All of them!! For me and for many others, the big trip-up is surprise additives in foods you wouldn't assume would have non compliant ingredients, and then you may need to re-start!

For example: tea, salt (yes, salt! Morton's Salt has dextrose!!) broth, vitamins, other spices, any pre-prepped food like chicken, etc.

You don't always need to re-start for things like this, but you'll save yourself the surprise and frustration if you check it now. And I mean ALL LABELS. Srsly.

Also: I recommend the Well Fed cookbook. Worth getting that cookbook especially if you're not going to jump in with ISWF right away. Food prep is a big deal and a big sanity saver for this program. You can download a pdf right away if you want.

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/wellfed/

And I'm sure there are others starting on Nov 1st. Just start a log in the forum log section and you'll be in the pool with the rest of us.

Hi everyone. I did start yesterday but was not able to get on here. Day two has been completed and it was not too bad. My manager at work thought what I was doing was very faddy. I said it was for health. Hope everyone is enjoying the experience?

Archived