Day 1

Regan

Day 1, I'm fexcited!! Everything is prepared and ready to go, any tips for day one gitters?

Hello, I'm committing to a start date of June 7. My family and I are going on a much needed vacation in a week, and I know that if I start now before we go I will end up self-sabotaging myself. I chose Whole 30, because I like that my body will get to hit a restart button. I'm 42 years old and in relatively good shape, but my relationship with food has become emotionally controlled and out of wack! This has begun a downward spiral of how I'm feeling physically, and emotionally. I'm glad that this program has accountability, and community, and I look forward to this journey with you all. With that all being said, between now and my start date I will be praying,reading, planning, purging cupboards, and preparing. I'm so ready for this journey!!!

Regan

Hi Regan.

Congrats on starting! I started yesterday. I am not sure if I'm in a position to give advice but yesterday was not bad at all. And ending the day having stuck to the program felt great! I'm looking forward to day 2 (today).

I'm 43 with similar motivations for doing a whole30. Maybe we can support each other! (We have a camping trip and short vacation scheduled for June 18-23. Im a bit nervous about it but hoping that if I just plan it out-- I'll be ok. My family is supportive and the friends we are visiting eat paleo-- so it be worse!).

jen

Hi Jen, we can definitely support each other! I'm sure it'll help that the friends you're visiting understand what you're doing, I'll be praying for you during your time away. Hope today goes well for you, I'm actually a little excited to eat the the food I have planned today. Do you have any good recipes?

I have been following the basic meal template. Protein, at least two veggies and a bit of healthy fat. I've been doing eggs in the morning with spinach and peppers. I baked a big pan of chicken yesterday (chicken thighs with lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper, baked at 350 for 1 hour). I had that with a salad for lunch, and with sautéed Brussels sprouts and a small salad for dinner. This morning I also ate a peach with the eggs and veg breakfast. 

Archived