I need help staying on track!!!

Jengem9

I desperately need help trying to find my way through another Whole30. Since my successful finish to my first Whole30 on August 30th (I lost 12 lbs, felt wonderful, looked great, I could run faster, and I loved myself!), I have started and stopped a Whole30 at least 5 or 6 times. I go three or four days on a second Whole30 and then I stop for whatever reason (a bad day at work = happy hour, or a long drive = a stop at a gas station for a processed snack, or another bout of depression = a cigarette ... gross, huh?).

I'm looking for help. I'm looking for reassurance that once I get through a week, I won't want to give up; I'm looking for someone to tell me this is going to make me better ... better than a drink, a cooke, or a cigarette :(

I'm hoping to start again on 11/23, but then I'm having a party on 12/1 (was hoping to have a drink then, but maybe I should re-think that ... ). The benefits of the Whole30 FAR OUTWEIGH a drink, a cooke, or a cigarette ... but how do I retell my brain that now?!?

Any help would be amazing right now :/

Hi!

You know you did this once. The challenge then was just proving you could do it I bet.

This time, you get started, and then you say "meh, I already did THIS." So, my advice is to stop doing THIS.

Set some goals for yourself. Really put on paper, or here if you wish, why you are motivated to do this. That way, when tempted by a bad day, or a party, you can take a look at the goals and ask yourself if the cookie, drink or cigarette will get you any closer to those goals.

I think we both know what the answer will be!

You know you are worth this effort. No buckle down, write those goals, and start succeeding!

You sound like me. I had a successful Whole 30 and felt so much better, lost 8 pounds, slept better and had a much better attitude about everything. Then for some reason, I went off track. But I have started again and yes! I did write down my goals this time.

You can do it too. I have had a successful two days and am excited about continuing. I know in my heart that feeling good is so much better then that cookie or cigarette. We are hear for you.

@kb0426 ... what great ideas! I need to write things down -- somewhere -- and really start to examine what it is that I want out of this experience. I felt sooooo incredibly good in August ... I want that feeling again :)

I'm going to write them all down tonight before I go to bed ... I'll post them here too :)

Archived