Vanessa's Whole30 Journal~Oct.1

Vanessa Sellers

Starting tomorrow October 1

I have got rid of all the sugar and trigger foods from my house. I bought It Starts With Food and Food Freedom Forever ..Well i have had It Starts with Food for awhile now and read it off and on about a years ago when i tried and failed to do this...I have come a long way with my thinking and have set myself up for success ..no rose colored glasses here..i know it will be tough but worth it..

I am 51 years old ..i am hoping by the time i am 52 on New Years Day to have this sugar monkey off my back. I have been successful with weight loss before but it was never the healthy way. I was once over 220 pounds and at 5'2 that was a lot of me. So like everyone else i did Weight Watchers i got to my Lifetime weight of 118 but i didn't stay there long..so over the past few years i have yo-yoed from 125-150. Right now i am at 135. It's not really about weight loss although that would be nice. I just want to feel better...

In my spare time i enjoy reading, running,yoga,and taking care of my puppy Lilly...

Well here is to the next 30 days....and feeling better in the long run

Good luck I just finished my 30 days once you get into it it becomes easier and I enjoyed the new meals  I have been cooking. The Salomon patties made with sweet potato are yummy. To day I could add milk to my coffee but I didnt at this stage I dont think Ill go back to putting milk in my coofee as I have gone a whole month without and not minding the flavor. Check out some of the recipes in tyhe whole 30 book  there are some great meals.

8 hours ago, Michelle WM said:

Good luck I just finished my 30 days once you get into it it becomes easier and I enjoyed the new meals  I have been cooking. The Salomon patties made with sweet potato are yummy. To day I could add milk to my coffee but I didnt at this stage I dont think Ill go back to putting milk in my coofee as I have gone a whole month without and not minding the flavor. Check out some of the recipes in tyhe whole 30 book  there are some great meals.

Thank you..i will check out all the recipes as i am not much of a cook lol

Congratulations on finishing ...

Ok so for day 1 i am feeling good. I was never really a carb person so that will be easy for me. Sugar is my lover...lol

I made my green tea and only put unsweetened cashew milk just a teaspoon in..amazing how good it tasted without the sugar...who knew..just out of habit i put sugar in things without even trying them first.

I was a bit scared about my 7 mile run this morning but the three eggs i had were fine. I came home and made the avocados with the egg inside.Man that hit the spot. The only thing is people in my running group talking about how runners NEED carbs like oats and grains. We had a speaker before our run on Tuesday talk all about good starchy carbs..i just listened and was polite. I don't like to push my way on anyone...i feel to each his/her own. This is just the path i am taking now.

I will check bak in later...this group and the one on FB keeps me sane ;)

Archived