Seriously like trying to give a Cat a bath

Bless my dear daughters heart!  For well over a year she has been trying to get me to try Whole30.  Everytime I reacted by acting interested but not.  The more time went by and the better my daughter's health improved, I listened a little but with great trepidation.  Seriously child! You want me to give up what??  I couldn't even begin to imagine my home without dairy, my husband might die, his words, not mine.  My husbands favorite foods in the whole world, whole milk, cheese, and bread.  I tried dieting in the past without my families support, namely my husband and it was a disaster.  By the way my daughter is 33, married, lives several hundred miles away and so she was not any part of the problem I speak of.  My younger two thought I was starving them if I began eating healthier.  At my age I have tried every diet in the book but as retirement approaches and my youngest was goes off to college, I thought maybe now is a good time.  I have had one of the hardest years of my life, this year.  I felt I had been burned down to the ground emotionally, mentally and physically.  Then one day on Pinterest I saw a quote about a Phoenix rising.  I thought I need to be the Phoenix instead of the Cat fighting getting a bath (hence my forum name).  I could go on but needless to say I wouldn't be on this forum introducing myself unless I had given in, given up (my OMG thoughts), and began this journey.  I began Sunday October 1st.  My daughter is coaching me and doing a wonderful job.  My freaky dairy driven husband is actually doing it with me as a show of support.  The Phoenix is rising.  Soon I will learn to fly on my own.  Thanks for listening.

That sounds wonderful and good for you!!! I love you name. I've been trying to get my boss...who has tons of medical issues, to get on board...but to each their own. I will say with my husband not doing the whole 30 its been harder this time around for me. Good luck and learn to fly!

Archived