Started 10 9

Ginger109

Hi all!

My daughter and I just started the Whole30 and at the end of day 4 I haven't wanted to scratch anyone's eyes out nor have I growled at anyone for smiling at me. Phew. I'm just a little overwhelmed with purchasing and preparing food. My husband usually does the cooking but since he's not doing the program with us, I've taken over that task. Scary!!!  I feel like I spend all my time in the grocery store, (drove an  1 1/2 hours today to go to Trader Joe's), in the kitchen preparing meals or on the computer figuring out meals. I do squeeze in time for the gym...where I spend my treadmill time reading the Whole30 book. Have to say I've found some great recipes.... zucchini/sweet potato fritters and Asian meatballs, I'll be making a lot of each. I've also made the mayo, chipotle dressing, Whole30 ketchup and sunflower butter. None of the recipes are that difficult, especially the condiments.  Going forward I will have to get better at planning and making enough for leftovers. Looking forward to seeing how the program progresses. 

My companion isn't doing a Whole30 either.  He eats a compliant dinner though because I'm not going to cook two separate meals.  I will occasionally add rice or a roll to his meal.  And if he wants spaghetti I make sure I have a spaghetti squash roasted for myself.

I like the recipes in the Whole30 guide/cookbook as well.  I'll make a double portion of the banger sausages and have them all week for breakfast or lunch (I prefer it without the sage myself).  Some days I'll have it with sweet potato soup that I made a double batch of in the crock pot. Yum!

No matter how I do it there is always something that needs to be washed/sliced/diced/chopped/stored/cooked.   

Archived