Doing Paleo while in the Navy

CrossfitPaleoChic

I'm trying to figure out how to help my daughter. She's 20 and in the Navy. She failed her PFA as she was over the weight limit (she's 5'5 and the most she can be is 163lbs).

She needs to drop some weight by May, and I'm trying to help her. She joined WW, but that isn't working for her.

The major problem is cooking. She lives in the barracks, has a small fridge that she shares with her roommate and is not allowed any type of crock pot, griddle or whatever in her dorm. I asked her if she could take the crock pot to work (she may have a place to put it), but since she's off for the next few days, I'm not sure if that will work.

Does anyone here do this plan while living in the barracks, or does anyone have any ideas of how she can put meals together with this plan? I've racked my brain, and the only thing I can come up with is the premade Paleo, but that might take up most of her fridge space.

Can anyone give me any ideas? BtW - she is in IL, and I am in CA. So, if I lived there, I could make her meals, but that isn't going to happen either.

Thanks for the help!!!!!

What kind of food/meals does she get at the moment? Perhaps supplementing the food she eats now with her own stuff might be an option, in which case raw vegetables and cold cuts and fish (i.e. salads) could be a part of a solution. Is she allowed a microwave?

Archived