Late with introduction

Becky D

I'm on Day 18 of the Whole 30, and I've been reading this forum the whole time, but am just now getting around to actually participating in it. I've gotten a lot of great information so thanks everyone!

My husband and I started together, and he's less enthusiastic about it than I am, but he's sticking to it so far. He said he's drinking beer Memorial Day weekend though, so he may blow it. I wish he wouldn't because he has an autoimmune disease and he's the one who could really benefit from this. I have no serious health issues so I'm not sure what kind of results I'll see. I've been experiencing vertigo since starting this, but I think that's because I don't drink enough water. It's warming up here in Vermont so the heat is a factor.

Anyway, I haven't really been counting the days when I can eat "normally" again because I'm really enjoying this way of eating. I'm finding it very simple and I feel good knowing it's probably the optimal diet for us. I was following the principles of the Weston A. Price foundation before this (through the Nourishing Traditions cookbook) and I'm still torn about whether or not properly prepared grains and raw dairy products should be part of a healthy diet. That's what we'll be experimenting with at the end of the 30 days.

Welcome! Glad you introduced yourself. :)

I believe self experiment is a really good thing. I do it regularly...

Have you tried Kombucha? Or, has your husband tried it? I find it tastes a little like beer/wine/champagne. Perhaps, fingers crossed, he would be willing to drink that instead of beer. Just a suggestion...

Hi Carie. Thanks for the suggestion. I make kombucha at home, and we really like it. Maybe if I put some kombucha in an empty beer bottle, that will serve the same purpose as having a beer while grilling. We have a friend who doesn't drink alcohol. We gave him some kombucha and he swore he got a buzz from it! We don't feel it, but I did hear that one company had to pull its kombucha off the store shelves because it had too much alcohol.

Archived