Started today, 11/20!

Seo22

Hi! I'm on Day 1 as well. What's you experience so far? Have you done anything like this before?

To share what I'm facing/thinking about: I want to reset/rewire my relationship with food. While it's been a lifetime struggle for me, over the past year and a half I created some unhealthy habits as coping mechanisms for a number of things I was unhappy with—job, relationship, and location. Fortunately, this fall I've been able to change all three and am using the opportunity to re-examine, take inventory, and change habits.

Also, I experienced an injury last year—a herniated disc in my lower back—that requires me to rethink my relationship to exercise and the kinds of exercise that work for me. Previously, I was pretty active—first as a long-time cardio-slut (running and cycling), then as a crossfit practitioner. I like intensity! This spring and summer, I went to HIIT classes, but had a setback in August. I've done a lot of research on food and nutrition, have gone through several crossfit-gym paleo challenges, have done short-term keto dieting, and know that, in general, eating vegetables and meat work for me. But, eating and exercising have been up for grabs while I've been mildly miserable and during that time I went through several cycles of resetting and throwing in the towel. And recently the combo of job ending, moving, and breakup took its toll. So, I'm ready to feel better.

I'm excited and hopeful to begin today and am happy to find someone else who is on the same calendar as me! Would love to hear what you're facing and any thoughts you have as you begin. 

Naomi

My name is Julieta and I also started yesterday! Im excited about this month, and hoping I can improve my health. In the last three years I have been eating in a very unhealthy way, mostly because of the long hours at work. This is my second day , Yesterday was a holiday in my country so it’s my first day at work, and I’m nervous because it’s the hardest part. They are always bringing pastries so I have to stay strong. Im glad there is people starting the same day and I hope we can share the journey here! Have a great day! 

Hi Julietta—how did Day 2 at work go? Food at work gets me, too. What country are you in? I'm facing Thanksgiving tomorrow in the US with family, which is a combination of food and relational stressors. But I'm cooking a lot of the food and my family members are very flexible in what they'll eat, so I'm feeing fortunate. 

Archived