Three day science conference

Jholts95

Hi everyone!

I am really excited to have just started my first Whole30! After looking at my calendar, I realized that I will be attending a conference in Knoxville right in the middle of my 30 days. The conference will begin early in the morning and run until late afternoon with a break for lunch. I want to stick to my Whole30 while I am there but I don't want to have to eat my room the whole time since the main objective of conferences is to network with and meet other professionals. Has anyone else had a similar experience? How did you handle it? Also, what are some foods that are typically safe to order at restaurants, if I do decide to go out to eat? 

• Moderators

Here is a great article on eating while on the road: https://whole30.com/2015/03/business-travel/

Bottom line, research and call ahead to ask questions on what can be ordered compliant. Good starting points are salads, bunless burgers, dry-grilled steak ... but you've gotta speak up and find out what they put on/in it. There's no guaranteed safe items, it all depends on the restaurant.

See also: How to find compliant restaurant food

It's a little more challenging, but you can do it!

Archived