February 5, 2018 Accountability Buddies

KalinaM

Day 17 OVER halfway, never thought I would say that!   I’m still waiting for my tiger blood to kick in. My headache is gone, so maybe I’m just a Day or two behind. Really proud of myself and what I’m learning about my body.  Oh and I’ve mastered sweet potato fries!  Small steps! Lol

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/21/2018 at 6:00 PM, Jeanne M said:

Day 17 OVER halfway, never thought I would say that!   I’m still waiting for my tiger blood to kick in. My headache is gone, so maybe I’m just a Day or two behind. Really proud of myself and what I’m learning about my body.  Oh and I’ve mastered sweet potato fries!  Small steps! Lol

Sounds like you might be starting to hit it! The Whole30 site describes Tiger Blood ultimately as a feeling of self-efficacy - like you are in charge and feeling pride and empowered by your success! It'll probably just keep getting better and better too :) 

Is it really day 19 already??? This week has flown by for me! I'm feeling good with no foggy brain, deep sleep, pants are slightly looser in the thighs...... BUT-- I'm suffering from a MAJOR case of "I'm so over this" today!!! I'm thinking of making my husband take me out to dinner when he gets home-- I need a night off from being "shackled" to the kitchen. There goes the meal plan, but-- oh well! 

On 2/14/2018 at 7:55 PM, Charlene33 said:

This has been my favorite recipe so far - barbeque chicken stuffed baked sweet potato: http://www.thebrewerandthebaker.com/archives/15949  I didn't even use the coconut aminos or the creole mustard because I couldn't find them but it was still delicious.

I thought this one was pretty delicious too - garlic and paprika chicken: https://www.jocooks.com/healthy-eating/garlic-and-paprika-chicken/   I used chicken breasts instead of the drumsticks. Now I'm a fan of smoked paprika, and I had never used it before. 

I made the drumsticks for dinner yesterday-- YUM! Thanks so much for posting! I'd never have come across this on my own and it will become a staple recipe in our house!

2 hours ago, KalinaM said:

BUT-- I'm suffering from a MAJOR case of "I'm so over this" today!!!

I feel ya sister! I don't have a major case of it, but it tends to come and go. I love trying new, delicious meals but it's a lot of work. If I wasn't a post-grad still looking for work, there's no way I would be able to keep up.

As for the program as a whole, not sure that I've experienced many changes. Still struggling with sleep (starting to cut down on caffeine), going to the bathroom is still an issue, and from the looks of it, I don't think I'll be experiencing tiger blood. However, I think the biggest NSV is ditching the cooking spray and actually cooking with oils. Also, eating more fats in general. Years of dieting and fitness competitions left me afraid of eating fats. Almost a month of cooking with fats and I haven't blown up like I previously thought I would. Hopefully, there will be some more noticeable changes soon. #hopeful 

22 hours ago, april_espi said:

details please!

I found it on Pinterest, but super easy! Cut up sweet potatoes, I usually do wedges, olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper. Bake at 350for 20-25minutes, broil for 5 minutes or so, watch closely under the broiler so the don’t burn that’s it!

I can’t believe I’m almost 2/3 through this!  Today was hard, busy at work and felt snacky, but held strong.  I really want to finish these last 10 days, but I need some energy.  I’m looking for good recipes so I can prep for my week.  Have a bridal shower to attend on Sunday and that will be a hard one!  Hope my competitiveness will get me through these last 10 days!

8 minutes ago, Jeanne M said:

I can’t believe I’m almost 2/3 through this!  Today was hard, busy at work and felt snacky, but held strong.  I really want to finish these last 10 days, but I need some energy.  I’m looking for good recipes so I can prep for my week.  Have a bridal shower to attend on Sunday and that will be a hard one!  Hope my competitiveness will get me through these last 10 days!

You can do it!!! 10 days left!! The thing that got me through my first whole30 was sheer stubbornness-- I didn't want to cheat and have the last 20 days be "a complete waste!" :D

Thinking ahead to reintroduction.... I like this article, it delves into what the book outlines pretty well......

https://blog.platejoy.com/whole30-reintroduction-plan-add-back-new-foods/

I'm wondering how to tackle reinro this time around. I know I need to focus really well on gluten and legumes. I did a fast track reintro after my first whole30 and found I had trouble with legumes..... but didn't have time to really separate the different legumes to see how I reacted to each individual type (Ex Soy vs beans vs peanut butter vs peas) before we left on our vacation in which I wanted to be completely done with reintroduction by then.... and by the time I did reintro to gluten, I was having morning sickness due to being newly pregnant, so I'm not sure if the gluten was making me react or just pregnancy hormones!!! I did learn last time that I'm completely fine with nongluten grains, dairy, and the occasional glass of wine. This was a BIG relief because starting the whole30, I thought I might have to breakup with dairy. I'll still reintro those but I'll most likely do another fast reintro with them and do a slower role with gluten and legumes. Hope that jumble made sense!!! I need it to make sense in my brain and so I am hoping that getting this typed out will help me moving forward to meal plan the weeks ahead for reintro (my last 10 days of strict whole30 are already planned out)

I also started on February 5th for the first round. I have made a few mistakes such as gum for one and I did cheat and get on the scale after 2 weeks. Waiting the full 30 before I got on the scale was going to be harder than the diet! I had lost 8 pounds and could certainly feel it. This week I don't feel any loss and actually feel quite bloated so not sure what is going on.  I just joined the page so I look forward to the support.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, april_espi said:

Has anyone had issues with going to the bathroom? Sorry I haven't had a chance to read older posts lately. I been going every other day or so and have been gassy (sorry if that's TMI). My co-worker who's a nutrition major said that the influx of fibrous veggies is the reason for lack of having to go. Thoughts?

Has anyone tried the ActivatedYou products to help with the bathroom issue? I just read and watched online a video about their products for the prebiotics and probiotics and the digestive system. Seems convincing but I am not sure

Day 20, or as I like to call it 2/3 of the way through!  I’m feeling confident that I’ll finish just because I stubborn and can’t bear to think I’ve come this far to not finish.  I know I’ve lost some weight and that’s a boost I needed to get back on track overall.  Still no tiger blood, WTH??? I need that!  I did have a friend tell me me skin looks clearer and my face looks thinner too.  I think I’m going to work on re-introduction.  Pretty sure dairy will be my thing - ugh.  I’m going to work on eating like this a lot of the time and may do another full round in May. I’ve got a bachelorette party, wedding anda family birthday the next two months, so going to wait till I know I’ll have less temptation.  

22 hours ago, april_espi said:

I feel ya sister! I don't have a major case of it, but it tends to come and go. I love trying new, delicious meals but it's a lot of work. If I wasn't a post-grad still looking for work, there's no way I would be able to keep up.

As for the program as a whole, not sure that I've experienced many changes. Still struggling with sleep (starting to cut down on caffeine), going to the bathroom is still an issue, and from the looks of it, I don't think I'll be experiencing tiger blood. However, I think the biggest NSV is ditching the cooking spray and actually cooking with oils. Also, eating more fats in general. Years of dieting and fitness competitions left me afraid of eating fats. Almost a month of cooking with fats and I haven't blown up like I previously thought I would. Hopefully, there will be some more noticeable changes soon. #hopeful 

I’m still struggling with sleep and no tiger blood here either.  However, didn’t have the bathroom issues, I went a lot!  Definitely feel and see some changes though!

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a while, I haven't been on my computer as much lately.

I am still going strong with whole30. At the beginning I really hated how much time I was spending in the kitchen doing food prep and cooking each day. But now I think I am used to it and almost...enjoy it? I think that is my favorite NSV thus far! :) My skin also seems to have improved. I don't usually have acne, but I have very dry skin and the past few weeks my skin has been a little more shiny! I still crave donuts when I get a coffee at the bakery, but otherwise I feel pretty content with my diet. It is so tempting to weigh myself, but I can stick it out ten more days! 

I don't know if I have tigerblood or not, but I did deep clean my bathroom for three hours without break today. So something gave me a bit more drive and stamina than usual! Hopefully it keeps up tomorrow so I can tackle a few other rooms too! ;) 

I hope you all are well! I can't believe we are 2/3 of the way through - so cool!

On 20.2.2018 at 4:22 AM, KalinaM said:

We are halfway!!! How's everyone doing? Any thoughts on reintroductions yet?

I haven't really given too much thought yet on how I will do my reintroduction, but it's probably a good time to starting thinking about it! I was thinking about extending to do a whole40 because I am really enjoying the way I feel. But we have a few birthday parties at the end of march, so I'd like to be able to eat and drink without strict restrictions by then. I think if I do whole30 again, I'll try to find a time to allow me to try a whole60. It seems so sad to stop right when thinks are falling into place! 

I like the reintroduction plan in the link you posted. I think I'll follow that! Although I may have to reintroduce alcohol on day 4 or 5, that will be the first weekend after whole30 and I'd love to have a drink with friends again!

I am nervous about my reintroduction ending and me going back to my sugar addiction and old eating habits though. Does anyone who has done whole30 before have tips for not letting that happen?

So I love potato chips and dip, especially buffalo chicken dip.  Found compliant recipe and it’s really tasty!  Now for the chips, zucchini chips were tasty, but not srispy enough to stand up to the dip.  Anyone else found a good substitute for potatoes chips?? 

On 2/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, Jeanne M said:

So I love potato chips and dip, especially buffalo chicken dip.  Found compliant recipe and it’s really tasty!  Now for the chips, zucchini chips were tasty, but not srispy enough to stand up to the dip.  Anyone else found a good substitute for potatoes chips?? 

Nope, but I thought that chips and snacking like that are not allowed on Whole30. Not sure, maybe a mod can weigh in. Because *technically* I found lots of potato chips that are compliant (made with only potatoes, canola oil and salt).... but the point is NOT to eat them because they are a SWYPO food and encourage snacking. That's my two cents on it...... Anyway-- soon you can have potato chips again! Those are one of my "worth it" foods to indulge sometimes! 

It's day 21!!!! These 3 weeks have gone by quickly-- according to me! Probably helps that I have my 14 month old making the days FLY by. I am so happy to say that my tiger blood has FINALLY arrived today!!!!! HOORAY! So much energy-- I didn't get as much sleep as I'd like (my son wakes up too early for that to happen! And I can't go to bed when he does or NOTHING would get done-- including food prep!) BUT-- the sleep I do get is quality sleep. Nice and deep and restful. Anyway-- It was easy to get out of bed after about 5-10 minutes which is so much sooner than it has been! I went out with my family, cleaned up some, worked 4 hours, made dinner, cleaned up, and I STILL have lots of energy!!! (Not necessarily a good thing because I NEED to get to bed soon so I can wake up at 6:30 when my son wakes up!) I was wondering if tiger blood was just a myth this time! HA! :lol:

On 2/24/2018 at 4:29 PM, Ckjos said:

Hi everyone! I haven't posted here in a while, I haven't been on my computer as much lately.

I am still going strong with whole30. At the beginning I really hated how much time I was spending in the kitchen doing food prep and cooking each day. But now I think I am used to it and almost...enjoy it? I think that is my favorite NSV thus far! :) My skin also seems to have improved. I don't usually have acne, but I have very dry skin and the past few weeks my skin has been a little more shiny! I still crave donuts when I get a coffee at the bakery, but otherwise I feel pretty content with my diet. It is so tempting to weigh myself, but I can stick it out ten more days! 

I don't know if I have tigerblood or not, but I did deep clean my bathroom for three hours without break today. So something gave me a bit more drive and stamina than usual! Hopefully it keeps up tomorrow so I can tackle a few other rooms too! ;) 

I hope you all are well! I can't believe we are 2/3 of the way through - so cool!

Those are great victories! Glad you're sticking with it, I did notice you had been quiet! 

On 2/24/2018 at 4:48 PM, Ckjos said:

I haven't really given too much thought yet on how I will do my reintroduction, but it's probably a good time to starting thinking about it! I was thinking about extending to do a whole40 because I am really enjoying the way I feel. But we have a few birthday parties at the end of march, so I'd like to be able to eat and drink without strict restrictions by then. I think if I do whole30 again, I'll try to find a time to allow me to try a whole60. It seems so sad to stop right when thinks are falling into place! 

I like the reintroduction plan in the link you posted. I think I'll follow that! Although I may have to reintroduce alcohol on day 4 or 5, that will be the first weekend after whole30 and I'd love to have a drink with friends again!

I am nervous about my reintroduction ending and me going back to my sugar addiction and old eating habits though. Does anyone who has done whole30 before have tips for not letting that happen?

This is my 2nd whole 30 and the first time, I found when having treats I used to consider delicious that most of them weren't as good as I remembered and I deemed them "not worth it"  There are some that ARE totally worth it, but it's AMAZING how sweet things taste after not having ANY sugar or sweeteners for 30 days... that just a bite or two is satisfying enough.  And last time I did whole30, I had a glass of wine on day 31 to celebrate, so I totally encourage you to go and enjoy a drink with your friends over the weekend to celebrate a job well done!

15 hours ago, KalinaM said:

This is my 2nd whole 30 and the first time, I found when having treats I used to consider delicious that most of them weren't as good as I remembered and I deemed them "not worth it"

Thank you for your feedback! I really hope this happens to me. I had SUCH a sweet tooth before, I'd love to be content with less! I just reread what your thoughts on the reintroduction. I think it is great that you know what food groups you'll need to spend more time on! Good that you have plans to take your time and be deliberate about how you reintroduce your food. I'm going into it a bit blindly. But if things don't go perfect with the reintroduction, I won't get too stressed about it. I plan on doing whole30 (or hopefully whole60!) again someday, so whatever goes awry this time I'll make sure to do better next time. ;)

16 hours ago, KalinaM said:

It's day 21!!!! These 3 weeks have gone by quickly-- according to me! Probably helps that I have my 14 month old making the days FLY by. I am so happy to say that my tiger blood has FINALLY arrived today!!!!! HOORAY!

Yay! This is great to hear!! I think I have tiger blood too! I have been sleeping less, but I'm really energetic during the day. I guess my body needs less sleep than I originally thought! It's nice to have energy with out relying on caffeine! 

Archived