New Whole 30-ers starting today, 2/19

Chip&Cookie

Hi.  My husband and I are starting our first Whole30 today.  Five years ago, we made a "lifestyle change" in terms of how we approached our diet and both lost some weight and all around felt better.  Gradually over the past five years, we have gotten a little bit lazy about what we eat and we're having a hard time getting back on track (Chip and Cookie represents each of our respective weaknesses!).  We stumbled across a testimonial about the Whole30 and think the structure may be what we need to reset.  It won't be a huge departure for us, as we eat fairly compliantly already.  Personally, I'm most excited to see how this helps me in terms of sleep quality and inflammation...if I can sleep better and reduce my neck/shoulder pain, that alone will be worth 30 days of regimented eating!  Day 1 is off to a good start.  I'm an hour past my 9:00 am craving for a ZonePerfect bar and no longer thinking about it.  Small victory!

Hi! I'm starting my first whole30 today and am super excited about it! Whole30 isn't  huge change from my regular diet, but want to stop my occasional treats (mostly going out for tacos or munching on tortilla chips~ corn is my big treat food!). I have 3 kids~ one is gluten free, one is vegetarian, and one just turned 4 so has his own preferences~ basically I'll be cooking 4 separate meals, lol

Archived