bring it on--Camille's whole30, round two!

Camille Ho

I can't believe it's here already (although it's a good thing that it is), but today is Day 1 of my SECOND whole30! Woo hoo!

To start, here are the goals:

Improve my sleeping habits: Get to bed earlier, sleep better, be more rested. Done.

Improve my relationship with food: Fight (and kill) the sugar dragon. Stop worrying about what I eat, and when I eat, and why I eat, and just EAT. To think about food more (where it comes from, how it is nourishing my body, the joy of creating a great meal) and to think about food less (the random food item calling to me from the cupboard, the guilt-ridden struggle of "should I eat this? should I not?")

Get back on the workout train: Get through the "beginner bodyweight circuit" by NerdFitness every other day, and advance to 3 (maybe 4) circuits by the end of the month.

Get comfortable in my own skin: Stop being defined by the scale and numbers and measurements. Knowing these things for tracking purposes (and I feel accomplished when the numbers are good), but to not be constantly worried if I've put on a pound or two here or there. I just want to go by how I feel and look.

Right. Here's the start of the food log:

Day 1

Pre-Wo: Hard-boiled egg

Meal 1: 2 sausages (handmade by local butcher), 2 eggs, handful of cherry tomatoes, coffee w/coconut milk creamer

Snack: sweet potato w/olive oil and salt

Meal 2: 1 1/2 salmon steaks, brussel sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes, apple, herbal tea

Snack: Handful of cherry tomatoes, 1/4 sweet potato, fried egg, herbal tea

I'm also going to be blogging my way through this, if anyone is interested. It'll be a lot of the same stuff here, but easier for friends to find and read.

www.adarkenedmirror.blogspot.com

Thanks, Derval! I am kind of surprised at how much better I feel mentally already, but I'm going with it. Anyway, on to the food.

Day 2:

Meal 1: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 1 bell pepper, coffee w/c.m. creamer

Meal 2: 3 chicken legs baked in olive oil and seasoned w/rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper, carrots, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 apple

Meal 3: Cottage pie from 'Well Fed', broccoli, berries w/coconut milk AND coconut butter (about an hour after dinner)

Day 3

Pre-Wo: Coffee w/cm creamer, Hard-boiled egg

Meal 1: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 1 bell pepper

Meal 2: Garbage stir-fry (beef, carrots, bell pepper, spinach, broccoli, sprouts, onion), 1 fried egg, 1/3 sweet potato

Meal 3: 2 bowls zucchini stew, 2 sweet potatoes

Day 5

Meal 1: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, coffee w/cm creamer

Snack: Black coffee, juice, apple

Meal 2: Chipotle salad w/carnitas, mild and hot sauce, guacamole

Snack: Black coffee and almonds

Meal 3: 4 Chicken legs, 1 sweet potato, roasted veggies

Day 7

Pre-Wo: Hard boiled egg

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 1 sausage, coffee w/creamer

Meal 2: 1 egg, 2 sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, butternut squash

Meal 3: Thai green curry w/chicken and cauliflower rice, bowl of berries w/coconut milk, herbal tea

Day 7, continued:

Snack: Lettuce wrap w/apple, grapes, chicken and almond butter (I was sooo hungry. I think that I did not eat enough protein/fat at dinner)

Day 8

Meal 1: 1 sausage, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, grapes, coffee w/creamer

Snack: Lettuce wraps w/apple, grapes, chicken, and almond butter, herbal tea

Meal 2: 1/2 plain chicken from Nando's, large side salad w/balsamic and olive oil, mineral water

Meal 3: 4 zucchini boats stuffed w/beef coconut curry, grapes

Completely went off the rails with sweet potato last night. I don't know what the deal is, but apparently I have a sweet potato dragon to conquer now. Boo.

Day 9

Pre-Wo: Hard-boiled egg

Meal 1: 1 sausage, 2 eggs, 1 bell pepper, coffee w/creamer

Meal 2: Spinach, romaine, and tomato salad topped w/leftover beef coconut curry, 1 leftover zucchini boat, 1/4 sweet potato

Snack: 1/4 sweet potato

Meal 3: 2 bowls garbage stir-fry, 1/2 sweet potato, herbal tea

Archived