Here We Go! Starting 5/9/18

fitmich

It has taken me a long time to get here but I am finally ready to change my relationship with food AND myself! But I need your help keeping me accountable! Very thankful to be part of such a huge supportive community.

Hi, good job on "getting here"!  I need to change my relationship with food too. I follow a more or less whole 30 diet meal-wise but eat a lot of the wrong kinds of snacks in between that keep me sluggish and allergic to almost everything.  I'd love to keep a conversation going over that "relationship" issue!  

I have terrible sinus allergies and occasional mild asthma. I live in the Willamette Valley of Oregon so there's always some kind of pollen flying around, but I also know that all dairy and wheat make my symptoms worse, and sometimes I can feel this wave of pain and strange tension come over my head and shoulders within a few minutes of eating them.  Even tho that is the case, I seem to always find some reason to "cheat."  I have to learn that it's not about cheating on rules, it's about living a full life without these things dragging me down.  I've  done the whole 30 before but didn't do the reintroduction correctly, so my cravings - and allergies - came back with a vengeance! 

How are you doing?  Have you had two whole 30 days now?  

Archived