Starting today!!! Gotta lose weight-I don't want health issues

Alura

Hi everyone.  I'm Alura.  I'm 55 and from VT.  I'm hoping to drop some weight and keep it off.  I need to lose 60 lbs but for starters, 15 would make me happy.   I'm tired of the yoyo effect.  I'm ready to go full on Paleo. 

I don't want health issues and lingering possibilities are diabetes 2, hbp and high cholestrol.  Although I generally watch what I eat, I'm obviously not watching it closely enough.

I wish everyone good luck with their goals.  :)

3 hours ago, Alura said:

Hi everyone.  I'm Alura.  I'm 55 and from VT.  I'm hoping to drop some weight and keep it off.  I need to lose 60 lbs but for starters, 15 would make me happy.   I'm tired of the yoyo effect.  I'm ready to go full on Paleo. 

I don't want health issues and lingering possibilities are diabetes 2, hbp and high cholestrol.  Although I generally watch what I eat, I'm obviously not watching it closely enough.

I wish everyone good luck with their goals.  :)

Good luck!! Remember, try not to tweak the whole30 to get more weight loss (skipping meals, not eating enough fat, undereating, etc.). In the long run that will not help you, and can often have the opposite effect of what you want since your hormones will still be stressed out!

Thank you!  I'll definitely take your advice. 

I think that's what happened to me with other diets, my boy/hormones got stressed out.  I hadn't lost much weight in the last 2 years and I thought my food intake was fine.

I'm glad to be eliminating things.  I'm not into legumes or dairy anyhow.  But eliminating all sugar is gonna be so tricky because it's everywhere!

Thank you!!

Archived