Angry Blonde Summer Whole 30

AngryBlonde

Day 23

B:  poached eggs, butternut squash cooked in coconut oil/ghee mix

L:  salad: greens, olives, guac, kippers

D: salad: greens, olives, tomato, avocado and tuna w/pk mayo & capers

I overbought greens and had some that needed to be eaten today so it's a day of mostly salad.

Day 24

B:  scrambled eggs; banana

L:  salad: greens, olives, guac, shrimp

D: prime rib-eye, mashed potatoes w/ghee), tomatoes w/olive oil & balsamico

I have noticed that when I put ghee in mashed potatoes I use about half the amount of butter I'd typically use.  Also, the potatoes aren't quite as good so I eat less of them.  I suppose this is a win of sorts.  Yet it is kind of disappointing as mashed potatoes has always been one of my comfort foods and I absolutely love bangers and mash.

Day 26

B:  tuna w/pk mayo & capers

L:  poached eggs, salad of greens and roasted beets

D: deconstructed tacos: lettuce leaves, ground beef w/onion & spices (lots of cumin), guac, tomato, olives, salsa

After I posted last night I got hungry a few hours later and made some tuna w/capers and PK mayo.  I ate half of it last night and finished it off for breakfast knowing we were meeting the in-laws for an early lunch at our regular tavern.  They have a salad with roasted beets, nuts, dried cranberries and goat cheese. I just ordered with the greens and beets only plus two poached eggs.  For W30, poached eggs  are an excellent choice in restaurants.  Anywhere that serves breakfast (especially if they have a Benedict on the menu) should be able to make them.

Day 27

Brunch:  chorizo (from our butcher), potatoes, fried eggs, guac, salsa

D: larb: ground chicken, lettuce, cabbage, mint, freshly squeezed lime; green papaya salad: cabbage, lettuce, grilled shrimp, tomatoes, carrot, freshly squeezed lime juice; chicken satay

We went to a Thai restaurant for dinner.  I chose to eat two salads that would normally have a chili-lime dressing but knowing it would have palm sugar in it I asked them to leave it off and they cut some limes for me which I generously squeezed on my salads.  The chicken satay came with condiments but I ate them without anything. While it was still OK I did miss the normal lime dressing which is much more flavorful.   Since we slept late we chose to have a hearty brunch rather than dealing with a small breakfast and small lunch since we were out running errands most of the day.

Day 28-30

I got busy and didn't log the last few days but I've stuck with the plan.  For breakfast it's been eggs and butternut squash and for lunch and dinner salads with either shrimp or tuna and Mon-Tue night I had zoodles using the meat sauce I froze a few weeks back.  I've had little time to cook so everything is quick and easy.   I'll continue through Day 32 but on Saturday night I'm going out for a nice Italian dinner with wine. 

Sunday I will return and do a W11 as  I will have house guests arriving the following day will probably deviate some.

I weighed myself a couple of days ago and lost roughly 4 lbs.  Given the usual 2lb fluctuation I'll take the other two as a loss and continue on with my W11 tomorrow.

I ended up having dinner out Friday and Saturday and brunch today but at home I stuck with W30.  While I wasn't 100% compliant at the restaurants I tried to stay somewhat within the guidelines.

BlueKoala ... it was that somewhat compliant Italian white wine and limoncello. B)   On the plus side I had seafood for my entree.

Round 2

Day 1

B:  hard boiled eggs and butternut squash with a mix of coconut oil/ghee

L:  salad: lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, carrots, shrimp .. no dressing

D: salad: power greens, green/red butternut, olives, tomato, olive oil, balsamico topped w/ ground beef cooked w/spices

I forgot to make my salad last night so I got my veggies from the salad bar at work today and added the shrimp I brought from home.  No dressing at all because I'm sure anything in our cafe is non-complaint. Anyway, this is something that others could do ... bring some protein from home and get veggies frrom salad bar.

The angry man has left town again (he travels quite a lot for work)  so for the next 10 days I will likely be eating a lot of salads with protein. I love to cook but not for only one person as I always end up with too much food and get tired of it after the 3rd redundant meal.

Day 2

L:  salad: power greens, green/red butternut, olives, tomato, olive oil, balsamico topped w/ ground beef cooked w/spices (leftover ground beef)

D: potatoes cooked in diced bacon, fried eggs, power greens (mixed into the potatoes)

Day 3

L:  salad: power greens, green/red butternut, olives, tomato, olive oil, balsamico topped w/ ground beef cooked w/spices (leftover ground beef)

D: potatoes cooked in diced bacon, fried eggs, power greens (mixed into the potatoes)

Quite sad ... today is a complete repeat of yesterday.  Tomorrow will bring something new. :D

Archived