What I have learned about myself

Toni78

June 27--Day 1

I first told my friend that told me about the diet that I don't count days.... that it's supposed to be a life change. Maybe I didn't want to do it cold turkey and face up to the fact that I am addicted to food. 6 years ago I lost 100 pounds. It took me about 6 years to accomplish that but then I divorced and since then I have kept most of the weight off but developed even worse eating habits than I had before. I was just eating a few snack foods all the time. All the time. Every time I walked into the kitchen it didn't matter I would eat a little sunflower butter or Rice Chex (not many gluten free snacks). First thing I did when I came home from work was start eating chips. I know I can never eat them again. 

I have thanked my friend several times for telling me about Whole 30. I feel like I am getting some control of myself, my life and it feels great. My apt. has been a cluttered mess and I have been busy cleaning it up and throwing out old stuff. It's a great feeling!!

I'm just having a lot of problems with terrible fatigue that hopefully being more careful or eating more will take care of. 

I totally hear you on the control thing.   Part of the reason I am doing another Whole 30 is that my devotion to little processed snacky foods was getting out of hand and I was drinking Diet Coke pretty much all day long. 

Good luck! 

Archived