Starting Tomorrow! (7/26)

Amy Barton

Hi! I'm starting Whole30 tomorrow and soooo excited to get a reset on my emotional relationship with food, especially carbs! When I get stressed I crave sugar and carbs and have definitely not been treating my body well by having a variety of vegetables and fruit. Especially vegetables. :( Discipline and planning ahead is NOT my strong suite, so I'm grateful for the accountability here! My hope is that my focus will shift  from "just weight loss" to the true benefit of Whole30, which is being healthier and treating my body well! :D Here it goes!

I thought I would reply to your thread since I started on the same day as you. I haven't been on this forum until now. How have your first 4 days gone and how is today? I have been off sugar, dairy and gluten for 2 months so before starting I didn't think this would be hard. I am doing ok but it is a little harder than I thought and I don't enjoy cooking - or eating my vegetables :) Would love to connect with a couple people here because I don't really have a Whole30 support system. I do have a health coach who is helping me and encouraging me. I am doing this to try and determine what foods are inflammatory for me as I live with a ton of chronic pain. I also need to lose about 30 pounds, but am trying not to focus on that - focusing on helping my pain and taking better care of my body. Hope things are going well for you so far! 

Archived