Starting my 1st Whole 30

pixiechic7486

The last few years have been a STRUGGLE for me. I'm only 22, but since 2016 I feel like I've been through so much; I lost my thyroid due to an autoimmune disease (causing me to gain 50lb, I just lost 10lb due to intermittent fasting), dumped over text by my first love, after that I was involved in an abusive relationship (which did a number on my already low self-esteem), and then I was hospitalized for depression. It's been crazy. All the while I have been trying to stick to programs and quitting after a week and feeling even lower (I've tried Keto, IF, paleo, calorie counting). But this time, I'm hoping it will be different; I'm trying so hard to not do this just for the amazing results but for improving my relationship with food and my overall health. I hope this helps me in getting my life back on track. Wish me luck! :)

On 10/19/2018 at 4:29 PM, pixiechic7486 said:

The last few years have been a STRUGGLE for me. I'm only 22, but since 2016 I feel like I've been through so much; I lost my thyroid due to an autoimmune disease (causing me to gain 50lb, I just lost 10lb due to intermittent fasting), dumped over text by my first love, after that I was involved in an abusive relationship (which did a number on my already low self-esteem), and then I was hospitalized for depression. It's been crazy. All the while I have been trying to stick to programs and quitting after a week and feeling even lower (I've tried Keto, IF, paleo, calorie counting). But this time, I'm hoping it will be different; I'm trying so hard to not do this just for the amazing results but for improving my relationship with food and my overall health. I hope this helps me in getting my life back on track. Wish me luck! :)

Hi, Pixie!  I've tried nearly EVERYTHING under the sun (keto, IF, paleo, grain-free/hi-fat, weight watchers, slim-fast, cabbage soup diet) and have struggled with food as a crutch my entire life, losing and regaining and always running from cravings while battling severe emotions and abuse in childhood.    I finished my first w30 last week, and took a few days off while I was traveling this weekend, and I am RIGHT BACK ON today for round 2 - NOTHING I ate over the weekend gave me the "lift" or satisfaction it used to.  Food I used to look forward to was "meh" at best, and anything sweet was RIDICULOUSLY, uncomfortably sweet.    I just made myself a beautiful veggie-filled breakfast, and I am experiencing the true satiety I missed the last few days, the knowing I am nurturing my body and - in turn - my soul.  It's SO SO worth the process to drop the unhealthy relationship with food and torture of your body (deprivation, overeating, and back and forth).  Good luck to you!

Archived