Kuma's 1st Whole30! January 2019

KumaBear

I am starting my first Whole30 January 1, 2019.    I have had a lot of friends do it and even thought about starting one last year.   

Background...

About a year and a half ago I moved back to the US after spending 3 years in Australia.  While in Australia I found a trainer and loved the healthy lifestyle.   I was the fittest I'd ever been.  I had spent most of my life overweight.     I wasn't tiny by any means but I felt so good!      Fast forwarded, to new job, new place and lots of stress and I feel like I've reverted right back to old habits.   I sleep poorly, I have frequent migraines and the fun aura that comes with that, aches and pains and I am not managing stress well at all.  I had a bit of a wake up call a couple of weeks ago that I need to reset my life and be taking care of myself, so I can function in the rest of my life at my best.  

So here we are.   

Goals for the next 30 days:

1. I am mostly focusing on fixing my relationship with food, I want to make good choices and fuel my body instead of just feeding it.   

2. Exercise: I pay for boxing classes I don't attend.   I want to attend all 6 in the next 30 days.  I will also be aiming for 10,000 steps each day.   

Ultimately I am hoping to do Whole 30 4 times in 2019, January, April, July, October.  But fist I am focusing on completing January. 

Archived