W30 R1: NathalyAF Accountability+Documentation

NathalyAF

Hi all - I'm finally willing to concede that this is too hard to do without planning. I started Tuesday night (immediately following a doctor's appt) with the impression I could just do this with what I had at home (eggs, proteins, fruit, vegetables) and by being selective when ordering lunch.

Unfortunately that didn't work as (not) planned. My infractions since Tuesday evening:

-- blended banana for late night snack

-- smoked salmon with my D1 & D3 breakfasts which I later learned has sugar in the ingredients list. 

-- smoothie with D1 breakfast

-- who knows what seasoning in cafeteria grilled chicken

-- brown sauce with mixed vegetables with shrimp (I specified no soy sauce -- only salt, pepper, garlic, oil) but when it came out I didn't have the heart to return in and I was pretty darned hungry.

-- I fulfilled my late-night TV cravings last night with almonds and a Larabar (all technically compliant but not in the right spirit especially since it was feeding my no-holds late-night snacking dragon)

I need to do this right. 

Unfortunately, that means I have to start over. 

I've been up since 7am (it's 840am) so I'm definitely hungry and gotta get eating. Eggs, veggies & fruit -- here I come!

Ok - if you read my prior post, you'll know I restarted today. Had scrambled eggs with spinach, mushrooms, peppers & onions cooked in bacon fat. Coffee with coconut milk. For lunch I had a pan seared flank steak with a mashed boiled potato covered in guac and coconut water. For dinner I made a beef stew with carrots & potatoes and a side of roasted brussel sprouts. Drank also 1/2 a liter of coconut water while cooking. Hoping that's not a huge no-no.

I borrowed the Whole 30 and Food Freedom from the library this morning -- put a hold on the cookbook and It Starts with Food which I'm hoping will arrive in the next week or so.

I designated a shelf for my stuff (and made little notes for my hubby & mother & law you know which seasonings were W30 approved and which to avoid). 

I also joined a virtual book club for It Starts With Food (led by one of the W30 coaches I found today - Chloe Davenport) so I'm really looking forward to that!

I could've had more fresh greens & fewer potatoes but overall I'm happy with the progress I've made so far today. 

Archived