LowcarbinthePNW food log 5/1-5/31

lowcarbinthepnw

11 hours ago, MAYHEM said:

Good luck! I had my Day One yesterday and also am putting down MFP for the next 30 days. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be :o

It really is! I’ve become so accustomed to tracking everything that even though I’m eating healthy, whole foods I feel scandalous lol

15 hours ago, Laurie's All In said:

Interesting idea to give up MFP. I wasn't going to log but figured I'd still post to keep my connections I've made there. 

My teenager follows me on MFP too and I’m trying to get her away from tracking since I see it causing a negative mindset in her as well. So I have to practice what I preach, ya know?

27 minutes ago, lowcarbinthepnw said:

My teenager follows me on MFP too and I’m trying to get her away from tracking since I see it causing a negative mindset in her as well. So I have to practice what I preach, ya know?

Definitely! I worry about that as well. I have a teenage daughter as well. I really try to not screw her up with my issues, but it's so hard to know. 

57 minutes ago, lowcarbinthepnw said:

It really is! I’ve become so accustomed to tracking everything that even though I’m eating healthy, whole foods I feel scandalous lol

Bizarrely, I have days (especially weekends) where I don't track at all, and weekdays where I won't track dinners, etc. Even though I do that semi-regularly, this feels a lot more stressful! I think probably because I'm going off of faith that I'm going to see results with Whole30 because I have never done it before and it just feels like I'm eating SO much (especially fat) (when on MFP I know I can see results, because math is math, but I definitely need more skills to help me build healthy eating habits).

1 hour ago, lowcarbinthepnw said:

I have two teenagers that are using MFP and that app is not healthy for them at all. I'm a step-parent, so I'm disallowed a full opinion about it, but watching these two not-overweight, not-unhealthy kids try to micromanage their macros has been tragic.

1 hour ago, MAYHEM said:

Bizarrely, I have days (especially weekends) where I don't track at all, and weekdays where I won't track dinners, etc. Even though I do that semi-regularly, this feels a lot more stressful! I think probably because I'm going off of faith that I'm going to see results with Whole30 because I have never done it before and it just feels like I'm eating SO much (especially fat) (when on MFP I know I can see results, because math is math, but I definitely need more skills to help me build healthy eating habits).

My MFP use has been very similar, not 100% dedicated so it won't be real hard to give up. I did just get in with some supportive folks though so I don't want to lose those connections, for if and when I go back. 

25 minutes ago, cinco_mouser said:

I have two teenagers that are using MFP and that app is not healthy for them at all. I'm a step-parent, so I'm disallowed a full opinion about it, but watching these two not-overweight, not-unhealthy kids try to micromanage their macros has been tragic.

That stinks! I discovered that my teen had an account but thankfully she's too lazy to do anything about it and thankfully she takes after her dad, lean with a metabolism I would kill for. 

8 hours ago, cinco_mouser said:

I totally agree. 

Day 1:

Meal 1: Three eggs scrambled in ghee with about three big handfuls of greens mixed in. Three slices sugar-free bacon. Two cups coffee w/frothed vanilla NutPods.

Meal 2: Leftover grilled chicken that had been marinated in Primal Kitchens Greek Marinade/Dressing and lemon juice with come chive almond “cream cheese” by Kite Hill. Roasted asparagus. Half avocado with Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning.

Meal 3: Spicy Asian Style Ground pork and green beans seasoned with Sesame Oil, Garlic, Chinese 5 Spice, Red chili flakes, lime, and coconut aminos with some Sesame Seeds sprinkled on top.

100oz of H2O, some unsweetened passion tea, and a sparkling water to drink today.

Overall feeling pretty good.

Day 2: 

Meal 1: Three eggs scrambled in ghee, three slices bacon, two cups sautéed kale and mushrooms with garlic and herb seasoning. Two cups of coffee w/nutpods

Meal 2: Leftover Asian Style pork and green beans. Some almonds and blue berries on the side.

Meal 3: Grilled sockeye salmon, roasted asparagus, and some marinated onions and lemon. 

85oz of water and an unsweetened passion tea from Starbucks. 

F56F387D-DF6E-467B-901E-548260B8D396.jpeg

Day 3:

Meal 1: Compliant sausage, kale, and mushroom frittata. Handful of berries and some almond cream “cheese”

Meal 2: Leftover Salmon and Broccoli

Meal 3: Well Fed Chocolate chili with cucumber and tomato salad and avocado. 

100oz water and some unsweetened passion tea and Topo-chico water.

9ACC0CA6-CBD7-4CEC-B9DF-60E458483078.jpeg

Day 4:

Meal 1: Same frittata from yesterday, but with some Tapatio hot sauce and 1/4 of a MASSIVE avocado, mixed berries on the side.

Meal 2: Whole30 compliant turkey chili w/mixed greens and some marinated onions

Meal 3: Chipotle Whole30 salad. 

Went to see the Avengers: Endgame so I had some almonds and blueberries as a snack during that. 

17 hours ago, lowcarbinthepnw said:

Went to see the Avengers: Endgame so I had some almonds and blueberries as a snack during that. 

We were gonna do that but it was a beautiful day here and the weather is supposed to turn crappy again so we opted to not go yet. Is it good? Worth 3 hours!?!?! I was thinking what would I take to snack on when we go, appreciate the suggestion!

7 hours ago, Laurie's All In said:

We were gonna do that but it was a beautiful day here and the weather is supposed to turn crappy again so we opted to not go yet. Is it good? Worth 3 hours!?!?! I was thinking what would I take to snack on when we go, appreciate the suggestion!

Totally worth 3 hours. It really touched on the whole journey of the Avengers over the past almost 20 years. My teen and I really enjoyed it.

Day 5:

Meal 1: frittata again with the almond chive “cream cheese” spread. Berries.

Meal 2: Went to a Cinco De Mayo party and had cabbage (raw), pico de gallo, guacamole, and some carne asada. Saying no to tortilla chips and margaritas tested my will power hard! Oh and I had some almond butter before we left our house to try to keep me satiated and strong on my temptations.

Meal 3: Grillec pork chops, 1/2 a small roasted sweet potato, and a green salad with oil and vinegar dressing. 

1 hour ago, lowcarbinthepnw said:

Meal 2: Went to a Cinco De Mayo party and had cabbage (raw), pico de gallo, guacamole, and some carne asada. Saying no to tortilla chips and margaritas tested my will power hard! Oh and I had some almond butter before we left our house to try to keep me satiated and strong on my temptations.

You sound like a super hero to me! That is some crazy strength. The Avengers should let you in!

Archived