Help with my first restaurant ordering tonight please

Allisen

This is my first Whole 30, made it through day 5, & facing a challenge. My first restaurant experience is tonight! Boyfriends dads bday dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant Villa Nova. Here's the menu: http://www.villanovarestaurant.com/menu/default.asp

I'm allergic to shelled fish, gluten intolerant (forsure) & don't eat red meat or pork, but chicken, turkey& fish I do eat.

After reading a few threads I'm this forum, I can request for entrees or sides to be cooked differently? Do I say I have allergies/intolerances? I've never done this before. Help please. Thanks :)

Hi! I understand your conundrum as I am a big social-bug and a foodie. However, I do have one question before I give a suggestion: Are you sure you are ready at this first week - where you may be feeling slightly fragile and may be easy to give in - that this is an important night to go out? Can you do a rain check or postpone?

I do believe this new lifestyle is to expand our lives, not contract them, however, in the beginning it may be a necessary baby step until you can fully be an expert in taking care of yourself.

If the answer is "No, I have/want to go.", then I have found that restaurants are always accomodating and you can order off the menu by taking elements from other dishes and ask for something customized. I would wait to go last in the group of ordering and then tell the server that you have food allergies, so can you have (for example and what I would probably order), The Rosemary Chicken con Basilico Grilled Breast of Chicken Marinated in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Rosemary, Garlic, Lemon Juice and Balsamic Vinegar. Served with a Side af Angel Hair Pomodoro e Basilico. But instead of the side of Pasta, can you please have the fresh vegetables with no butter on some mixed greens / romaine lettuce served for the caesar.

Best of luck and enjoy every moment!

Can't wait to hear how it went.

Hi! I understand your conundrum as I am a big social-bug and a foodie. However, I do have one question before I give a suggestion: Are you sure you are ready at this first week - where you may be feeling slightly fragile and may be easy to give in - that this is an important night to go out? Can you do a rain check or postpone?

I do believe this new lifestyle is to expand our lives, not contract them, however, in the beginning it may be a necessary baby step until you can fully be an expert in taking care of yourself.

If the answer is "No, I have/want to go.", then I have found that restaurants are always accomodating and you can order off the menu by taking elements from other dishes and ask for something customized. I would wait to go last in the group of ordering and then tell the server that you have food allergies, so can you have (for example and what I would probably order), The Rosemary Chicken con Basilico Grilled Breast of Chicken Marinated in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Fresh Rosemary, Garlic, Lemon Juice and Balsamic Vinegar. Served with a Side af Angel Hair Pomodoro e Basilico. But instead of the side of Pasta, can you please have the fresh vegetables with no butter on some mixed greens / romaine lettuce served for the caesar.

Best of luck and enjoy every moment!

Can't wait to hear how it went.

Wish I could reschedule but its the bf's dads bday dinner. Your help is much appreciated!! Thank you so much! Life saver.

That sounds easy :) Glad my bf is on the same boat as me so we got this, thanks to your suggestion to.

Keep ya posted!

Just wanted to share, food was delish & whole 30 approved! With minor requests. Old man Waiter was a jerk but whatever, lol

Thank you for your help again :)

Archived