Start over?

jabisk

So I feel like I have been making much better food choices but while we were gone over the weekend on a family getaway I ate a sausage I am sure is not compliant and last night at dinner the veggies I asked for steamed were cooked in butter....aghhhhhhh!

I feel like I am definitely on the right track and doing well but know those were slip ups but definitely not intentional...maybe the sausage was :)

Would love to know what others think! Thanks!

FWIW, if you're doing this to see if you have a possible sensitivity to dairy, sugar, etc. it might be wise to start over...or extend your journey by a few extra days.

It's your journey and you decide if you want to play by the rules or make them your own. However, much like a recipe, if you change the components and it doesn't turn out right, then you realize what you need to change the first

Since you ordered the veggies steamed and they brought them to you with butter or butter flavoring, I would have most certainly sent it back.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the "extending your journey by a few extra days".

I had a similar situation where I dind't check the ingredients in my vitamins until Day 3, luckily it wasn't far into my Whole 30. I felt like going back to day 1 was not fair, it's not like I had a bowl of ice cream & pizza and didn't think a mistake like some soy in my vitamins should cancel out all the good food I was eating and good I was doing for my body. So now I'm on day 7 of my Whole 33 :)

Eating out is scary since you don't know what is being done to the food. I am going out for a friend's birhtday later this month. I emailed the restaurant my restrictions & they said they can accomadate. Living in California makes it a little easier, we have access to a lot of fresh health food.

Good luck finishing your Whole 30!

Archived