Is fruit and nuts okay as breakfast?

Amanda Striplin

I have never been much of a breakfast person. I have found that if I eat breakfast such as an egg dish, it seems to boost my metabolism and I am significantly more hungry throughout the day, leading me to essentially eat more food throughout the day.

I am on day 14 and I have been eating two fruits and a handful of nuts for breakfast. But I just read that nuts should only be consumed every other day. Will this rule still apply to me, considering my tendencies? Thank you.

If you ate fruit and nuts every day for breakfast, you would technically be eating compliant foods, so you could do this.

There are different "recommendations" to maximize benefits, and the nuts every other day, as well as not eating fruit alone, would fall in to the recommendation category. The recommendations can also help with things like cravings and hunger (for some people, the sweetness of fruit may still fire up the Sugar Dragon; making sure your meals include the recommended protein-fat-veggies-starch could help with hunger throughout the day).

See the "rules" here:  https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/; everything else is a recommendation.

Archived