Whole 30 Log Started 1/7/13

jessicalynn

Breakfast:

3 scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions

tea with no sugar

Lunch:

salad-mixed greens, chicken, tomatoes, topped with Tessemae Ranch dressing (so yummy)

Dinner: Steak with asparagus and avocado

I'm feeling really tired today...I'm not sure if it's because of starting the Whole 30 or what. Yesterday I mostly ate whole 30 compliant too. Today would be day 2 if I hadn't had a bagel for breakfast yesterday...

Thanks for the Welcome guys!

Today:

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs with onion and tomato

Tea with no sweetener

Lunch-

Salad- steak (leftover from last night), mixed greens, tomatoes, avocados, Tessemae Dressing

hot tea at Starbucks (no sugar added...and I'm really proud of myself for resisting a latte...they are my favorite)

Dinner

Chipotle- salad with lettuce, carnitas, tomatos, spicy salsa and guacamole

Hi Jessica! I am on Whole30 too and just started yesterday. We can keep each other motivated! I am feeling good other than being sick with a cold / flu. Not having cough drops has been tough - those things are loaded with sugar and chemicals. Who knew?

Hi Jessica and LTsurf,

I started 1/7/13 as well! I am also feeling really tired, but that might be due to waking up at 4:30 to work out, ha!

Anyways, I just started to get a sore throat and am looking for something other than a sugary cough drop.

Breakfast:

sweet potato hash and 2 eggs over hard

Tea

snack: avocado, larabar

I've been feeling really crappy today. I woke up really exhausted and was kind of feeling shaky all day. Now I'm feeling a little nauseous and I'm not really hungry, so I'm not sure if I'm going to eat anything for the rest of the day. I'm definitely going to have some more water or hot tea though.

edited to add: I had a banana, then a sweet potato. I definitely only had one defined meal today, but I just felt so crappy and didn't really feel like eating. I've also drank a ton of water.

Day 4:

Breakfast:

2 scrambled eggs with onion, spinach, and salsa

tea

Lunch:

sauteed spinach and butternut squash with curry powder

1 avocado

(I was going to have some chicken, but it was bad. :()

2 larabars

Day 5:

thai iced tea (not compliant)

5 pieces of sushi with soy sauce (not compliant)

about 10 ritz crackers (not compliant either)

On the evening of day 4 into day 5 I had a bunch of serious crap go down in my life, and I was so emotionally upset I completely lost my appetite and couldn't eat. At that point, I decided it was more important to just get something, anything into my stomach that seemed appetizing rather than try to make sure it was whole 30 compliant, so I completely went of track on day 5.

However, I'm going to continue my whole 30 and get back on track today.

Sorry you had bad stuff going on...Hop right back on the plan and realize your body may be a bit confused. It may take a few days to detox, but worth it! Take this opportunity to pre-think a plan for those hard times. What do you like that can nourish and confirm you -that is not food (or not bad food?). Hang in there ...I am rooting for your success.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived