Day 3 - feeling better - food log - is this too much food?

hbiscotti

No headache today, I felt much better today overall, not sluggish like yesterday.

Day 3 Food

Breakfast

scrambled eggs - not too hungry this morning

Lunch

1/2 baked sweet potato

Banana

Snacks

Larabar - chocolate coconut - this one was good

pineapple, banana smoothie

Dinner

pan sauteed chicken breasts w/ seasonings

Pineapple salsa / salad

Snack

grain free banana nut muffins - 4 muffins (is that too many muffins??)

Ingredients:

3 Ripe Bananas (spotted like you'd use for banana bread)

1 1/2 Cups Roasted Unsalted Cashews

1 Cup Almond Flour

2 Tbs Walnut Oil

2 Eggs

1 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Vanilla

1/2 tsp Cinnamon

1/4 tsp Salt

Coconut Oil (to grease your muffin tins)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375°.

2. Grind cashews in a food processor until you get a fine cashew meal.

3. Add walnut oil and blend until until well combined (making cashew butter).

4. Next, add the bananas and blend until it forms a sticky paste.

5. In a medium bowl whisk eggs, then add cashew / banana mixture along with almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until it forms a batter.

6. Pour batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 12 minutes or until muffins are cooked through.

7. Let muffins completely cool on a rack before storing.

It's not too much food but I would probably tweak a few meals. You might want to add some protein to your lunch and those muffins look tasty but aren't the best food option. For your whole30 you want to exclude your "paleo-fied" foods like muffins and limit larabars. Also we're not fans of liquified food and smoothies. From the look of it you're getting quite a bit of fruit so you should probably cut back on that a little. Also I don't see fats in your meals...are you cooking in some fats?

Hi hbiscotti. I just completed my first whole30 yesterday and I have to say that eating veggies with every meal really helped me. Just try and make a habit of getting some form of vegetable with every meal! Good luck to you :)

It's not too much food but I would probably tweak a few meals. You might want to add some protein to your lunch and those muffins look tasty but aren't the best food option. For your whole30 you want to exclude your "paleo-fied" foods like muffins and limit larabars. Also we're not fans of liquified food and smoothies. From the look of it you're getting quite a bit of fruit so you should probably cut back on that a little. Also I don't see fats in your meals...are you cooking in some fats?

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I am having fats like EVOO and eggs with the yolk, maybe still not enough?

Ok, so cut back a bit on fruits, limit larabars, smoothies and the muffins :(

Thanks again for your help :)

Hi hbiscotti. I just completed my first whole30 yesterday and I have to say that eating veggies with every meal really helped me. Just try and make a habit of getting some form of vegetable with every meal! Good luck to you :)

Ok, I will keep trying, thank you!

Archived