Torena's Whole30 Log

torena

Day 27

• Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, nearly caramlized red onion, couple of slices of bacon
  • Lunch: Leftover Well Fed Pad Thai
  • Dinner: Salmon cooked with some coconut oil and Fines Herbs seasoning, mushrooms/red onion sauteed with Fox Point seasoning, broccoli with salt/pepper/lemon juice, and sauteed grape tomatoes with Fines Herbs seasoning. I did finish it off with some banana slices mixed with chopped walnuts and Well Fed coconut chips.

Today was a down day. We played a lot of games and generally relaxed.

Day 28

• Breakfast: Leftover sausage/onion, leftover tomatoes, 2 scrambled eggs with ghee
  • Lunch: Chicken salad PureWrap with Well Fed mayo, grape tomatoes, baby greens, red onion, celery
  • Dinner: Chipotle

OMG day 28 is complete??

I got a lot of cooking done today. I made Nom Nom Paleo's braised cabbage, smoothie popsicles for my kids (I make a batch of about 10 popsicles), roasted brussels sprouts, sauteed green beans, kale chips, and some coconut cream/blueberry bark. Tomorrow I need to roast some cauliflower, figure out what I'm doing with a lone red bell pepper, and break down a chicken for stock, baked dark meat, and figure out what the breasts will be used for. I'm just continuing like this isn't ending. ;)

Also, I read the Coffee Manifesto and I won't be drinking caffeine for a while. I have suspected adrenal issues for a long time (I did tests on my own at home once upon a time, I remember there was one about a delayed pupil response time to light) though there's no official adrenal fatigue test.

Day 29

• Breakfast: Sauteed red onions/mushrooms with Fox Point seasoning, sauteed grape tomatoes with Fines Herbes seasoning, 3 scrambled eggs
  • Lunch: Apple with almond butter
  • Snack: Banana, leftover chicken salad
  • Dinner: Baked chicken thigh, braised cabbage

Yesterday was tricky. Breakfast was really heavy, it was too. much. My stomach hurt a little. The only thing that sounded appetizing for lunch, and maybe fixing my stomach, was an apple with almond butter. I worked but didn't last long, so then I had a banana, which also didn't last long. Then I remembered my chicken salad so I had some of that. Dinner was *okay*, I used bacon grease in my braised cabbage but my bacon is smoked so it took on a weird flavor.

I have to admit I have not been feeling the magic. Last week I was doing so well and this week, I don't know.. maybe I was doing well last week because of the coffee. Today (morning of day 30 is when I'm writing this up) is my second day without any caffeine, not even green tea. I got much better sleep last night. Found I couldn't keep my eyes open beyond 9:45. I don't know if that was because of no caffeine that I could really allow my circadian rhythm to happen or if it was because of the spectacularly shitty night I had before.

I feel like I have talked a lot about my plans after today. I know Melissa and Dallas say that if you haven't felt the magic yet to give it another 45 or maybe 60 days. I'm not by any means giving up and I'm not trying to avoid the program. I have been promising my daughter for nearly 2 weeks this ice cream together. I'm going to continue beyond that very close to a Whole30.

DAY 30!!!!!

• Breakfast: Two scrambled eggs, leftover red onion/mushrooms, leftover sauteed grape tomatoes.
  • Lunch: Prosciutto, green olives (took longer at the store than I intended)
  • Dinner: Pan-fried salmon (with fox point seasoning and lemon juice), roasted asparagus and roasted delicata squash.

I'm both excited and terrified for tomorrow morning. I am hoping that I lose weight but I don't want to psych myself out. My skin feels and looks great. I actually looked in the mirror and thought "Hey, I look pretty today!" despite no makeup and being rather sweaty (it was 74 degrees out and I had to cook in my kitchen that got my house up to 83 degrees inside!). Maybe that negative selftalk monster is dead! :)

I decided I am going to continue posting here in my log. I need to track how I feel, and I am suspecting a food that doesn't agree with me and I need to figure out what. I have random itchy spots that are rather intense, and I've been dealing with some increased sinus/nasal congestion as well. I don't know if it was because of the coffee/tea, but today ends day 2 of neither so we shall see.

I just don't even want to talk about the last 4 days. I binged. I binged hardcore. Sushi, ice cream, chicken and dumplings, chinese food.. and now I am bloating and tired and cranky and gassy and constipated. I am trying to take advice from my 1/1/13 group and not beat myself up but I am having a hard time not doing so. Today I am back on the Whole30 bandwagon. The ice cream wasn't even worth it.

I have cooking to do today. There's a big package of boneless chicken thighs in the fridge as well as various veggies. I'm going to do the 21DSD along with it this time. I haven't been able to find forums like these, though. It seems that Stage 3 is just Whole30 minus squash/sweet potato and most fruit. I can do that for 3 weeks.

Beginning weight: 196 (amazing considering 4 days ago I was at 193.4).

Day 1

• Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, sauteed red onion and portabello mushrooms
  • Lunch: Leftover chili lime chicken wings and guacamole (Nom Nom Paleo ftw)
  • Dinner: Jen's Gone Paleo Moroccan Meatballs, Balanced Bite's Tomato and Olive Salad, sauteed red onions and baby bella mushrooms

My day started off rough. I was emotional and grumpy and tired and my body was.. tender, for lack of a better word. I somehow managed to do some housework which felt good to accomplish. I cooked up a big package of chicken thighs for dinner, saving plenty for leftovers for everyone, plus some potatoes for the husband/kids, and enough salad and red onions/mushrooms for additions to meals as we go along this week. Tomorrow I need to do something with flank steak which is a cut of meat I have never cooked with. Wednesday will be something with my whole chicken. I have 3 chicken thighs that didn't fit into my dish for tonight, maybe I'll use them with the Best Stir-Fry Sauce Ever for lunch tomorrow with some cauliflower rice. Aaaaand I'll roast my brussels sprouts to eat with the steak at dinner.

Day 2

• Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bacon, sauteed mushrooms/red onion, guacamole
  • Lunch: Leftover chicken wings, guacamole
  • Dinner: Baked chicken thighs, I don't remember what else, but it was all compliant.

Day 3

• Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, bacon, veggies
  • Lunch: Leftover chicken wings, salad with fox point seasoning/apple cider vinegar/olive oil, tomatoes, avocado
  • Dinner: Broiled flank steak, roasted asparagus, wet-sauteed brussels with ghee

Today is day 4 and I am breaking my no caffeine rule. The last two nights my son has been waking me for at least an hour (1 1/2 last night) and my ass is dragging. I at least went to sleep an hour earlier than I did the previous night (9:45) but it doesn't help as much when your sleep is broken up and you still wake up around 6 (sans alarm, that doesn't start til 6:30). I have company coming this morning, and different company for dinner tonight, and my daughter has a new friend in the neighborhood she wants to invite over. There's not a lot of cleaning to do but I need to dust and mop and finish cleaning up from dinner last night. Plus, my almond flour came in last night and I have to bake bread and muffins for the kids/hubby. Breakfasts have been difficult for them lately.

Archived