Laura's food log

Lalalana

I'm actually on day 6 of my first Whole30. I haven't started logging my food on here until now, because up until last night I felt so solid that I didn't thinking needed to. Last night however, I was having awful cravings. I didnt cave in to them, but perhaps logging will offer an additional layer of accountability.

Day 6

Breakfast-2 eggs fried in EVOO on a bed of romaine, red pepper, 1/4 avocado, japs

2 c black coffee

Lunch-2 hard boiled eggs diced on bed of romaine, red pepper, carrots, green onions, 1/4 avocado

Know I need to vary my veg/protein but I'm overdue for a grocery store trip. Headed there after work, hoping to not snack this afternoon!

I think intermittent cravings are normal... but additional insight and accountability is always helpful. As good as anyone thinks they follow the program there is always room for tweaking to make things better...

For what it's worth...yesterday was the full moon...most people take that information with a grain of salt but for me it's a vital part of my life-cycle and always induces crazy cravings, almost like PMS...

I ha not even thought abou the full moon! Such a good point! Plus im in my cycle right now, so that doesn't help either! Today was good though, I passed eisles upon eisles of junk at Sam's Club, and managed to turn down all the little sample foods they were handing out-yay!

I made a pretty good curry for dinner with chicken, cabbage, mushrooms, and carrots, although I realize why the recipe author called for green cabbage rather than purple...the color was not very appetizing!

Day 6 food

Breakfast @ 6:30-Applegate hotdog and two eggs over spinach and purple cabbage, black coffee

Lunch(didn't eat until 3:00-waaay too late!) spinach salad with two servings canned salmon, carrots, cabbage, and red wine vinegar. Still hungry and proceeded to snack on almonds and dried cherries, 2 good handfuls! Bad news there...

Dinner 6:00- leftover chicken curry, handful strawberries and blueberries

Struggling again today, not seeing any physical changes and just frustrated/overwhelmed with life. too many nuts and fruits today, gotta work on that.

Archived