Blair's Whole30 Log

Blair Richards

Day 2--

Breakfast: orange, omelet with peppers and onions, black coffee

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Salad with roasted chicken, avocado, tomatoes, evoo, balsamic vinegar, and boiled egg, plus a banana.

Snack: Grapes

Dinner: Roasted lemon chicken, asparagus, and tea

I feel ruunnnnn dowwwwnnnnn. Seriously, I feel tired and foggy and gross, but I've read that this is part of the process, so I'm beasting through. I went to Whole Foods today and got a variety of good meat and vegetables and have planned more meals for this week since I know that my downfall will be not being prepared/being too busy.

I'm ready to keep this going NO MATTER WHAT!

Day 3:

Meal 1: tomato, pepper, onion omelet, grapefruit, black coffee

Snack: Apple, cashews

Meal 2: Sonoma Chicken Salad (made with whole30 homemade mayonnaise!) on a bed of lettuce, and boiled egg.

Meal 3: Roasted chicken leg, thigh, and breast from last night's dinner, broccoli, coconut milk

Today was a rough/stressful day and I wanted to go to those 'emotional eating habits', but instead I called a friend--which was much better for my soul anyways!

Another day down...

Day 4:

Meal 1: Homemade turkey sausage, orange, black coffee

Cashews

Meal 2: chicken, lettuce, boiled egg, creamy avocado dressing (with whole30 mayonnaise--this is KILLER! I could eat this on everything!)

Meal 3: beef, sweet potato, onion hash (so delicious!)

Feeling a bit less cloudy today and enjoying all the cooking I'm doing. Going to look for more recipes to get me through the weekend!

Day 6:

HOLY CRAVINGS! Busy weekend, minimal time to prepare=major cravings. I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant, so I spend weekends cooking amazing NON whole30 food (cakes, soups, yum) so today was rough, BUT I made it through! I kept thinking about WHY I'm doing this (better health, avoid diabetes) and about how each food I put into my mouth was a decision--I just wasn't allowing bad decisions.

So here's what I ate...

Meal 1: Omelet with onions and peppers

Meal 2: Whole Foods Chicken Terriyaki (contains trace amounts of soy, but better than going crazy and just saying 'forget it!' for food on the run)

Snack: Cashews

Meal 3: Chicken Broccoli

I'll have some time to breathe on Monday and meal plan then. Until then, keeping my head above water!

Day 8:

Another crazy day...I've prepped food for the week, though, so hopefully no more!

Meal 1: eggs fried in ghee, banana

Meal 2: eggs scrambled in spinach, tomatoes, onions + raspberries

Meal 3: skipped :(

I'm not hungry, but I KNOW that it's so bad to skip meals and miss out on the nutrients, I've prepped for a better day tomorrow. We're not perfect, right? At least I didn't eat non-whole30 compliant!

Day 9:

Meal 1: zucchini/egg hashbrowns

Meal 2: Chicken breast and leg, green beans, apple

Snack: Handful of cashews

Meal 3: Spaghetti Squash/Meatball Muffins

My energy levels are sustained! I feel great at 2 p.m. which is amazing. My prep made for tastier meals and a better day overall.

Archived