Let's do this whole30 right this time

Stephanie_L

Hi everyone, I'm Stephanie. I'm in college studying nutrition in Montreal (QC). I've been letting my nutrition and healthy habits slip progressively since I moved out of my parents house a year and a half ago, after a past of disordered eating and I feel like utter shite. So I signed up for the whole30 in January, and it went great for the first 10 days while I was alone in my apartment. But then my boyfriend came back from his parents' place and let's just say his eating habits are less than stellar and there's a lot more junk food in the house when he's here and my habits tend to get worse as well when he's home. So around day 11 or day 12, I fell face first in a pile of junk food and haven't really come up for air since. You can imagine how disgusting I feel. And the jeans that were too small when I started my whole30, then started fitting something like 4 days in, well, they're getting pretty tight again. So I hit the reset button on my whole30 and I will start again with day 1 tomorrow. I'm really not looking forward to the headaches... but at least they only last a few days. So that's where I'm at in a (kind of a big) nutshell. I'll post my menu planning for the week ahead tonight, I just wanted to get this log started before heading to work today :)

Hi Stephanie! I'm in a similar situation with my fiance, the junk food junky who never gains an ounce. Having a solid meal plan and things at the ready definitely helps! Kudos for hitting the reset and going at it - You can do this!!!

Wow, thanks for the welcome and the support ORBren, Rojo and Kat1! :)

So meal plan for the week (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner):

Sunday: 3 eggs with zucchini, cooked in coconut oil and a closed handful cashews/Cajun shrimp with a side of coconut milk+berries+few stems of kale smoothie/fondue with wheat-free, sugar-free broth, chicken, beef, carrots, broccoli with sunshine sauce (Well Fed)

Monday: 3 mini quiches (egg+ spinach) + berries in coconut milk/fiesta tuna salad with raw carrot, cucumber, olives, grape tomatoes/Cajun shrimp with side salad with creamy Italian Dressing (Well Fed)

Tuesday: 3 mini spinach quiches + berries in coconut milk/Mediterranean Tuna Salad (Clothes Make the Girl), raw carrot, cucumber, celery and spinach artichoke dip/Unrolled cabbage casserole with side salad with southwest cumin lime dressing (Well Fed)

Wednesday: 3 mini spinach quiches + berries in coconut milk/Fiesta Tuna Salad (Clothes Make the Girl), raw carrot, cucumber, celery and spinach artichoke dip/Unrolled cabbage casserole with side salad with southwest cumin lime dressing (Well Fed)

Thursday: 3 mini spinach quiches + berries in coconut milk/Mediterranean Tuna Salad (Clothes Make the Girl), raw carrot, cucumber, celery and spinach artichoke dip/Unrolled cabbage casserole with side salad with southwest cumin lime dressing (Well Fed)

Friday: Savoury Pumpkin Torte with Kale + 1/2 avocado/Waldorf Tuna Salad (Well Fed), raw carrot, cucumber, celery and spinach artichoke dip/Unrolled cabbage casserole with side salad with southwest cumin lime dressing (Well Fed)

Saturday: Savoury Pumpkin Torte with Kale + 1/2 avocado/Pad Thai (Well Fed)/Chinese Hot plate with chicken, sugar snap peas, snow peas, red pepper and best stir fry sauce ever (Well Fed)

I'll probably add some fat or fruit here and there but this is the gist of it. Feels so good to have my week of food planned out and I know that there really isn't much cooking involved at all! Yay!

Amy - Thanks!! and LOL I'll make sure my apartment is presentable then! ;)

30Canandaigua - Thanks! Lol, yeah that happens to me sometimes too, but I've kept it pretty simple this week, so hopefully it all goes smoothly.

So, Day 1 - COMPLETE!

How I feel: Glad that I stuck to it and that I brought something to do at work rather than just stare at the walls (there's loads of non-paleo foods where I work, and when I'm bored, it's really hard to not munch mindlessly). I've already got a bit of a headache. I'm stressed out (for non-whole30 reasons), but hopefully some of that stress gets resolved tomorrow. Hopefully in my favor rather than not - I'm hoping to find out if I'll be able to afford my semester's tuition and the deadline to drop courses if I can't is Tuesday. So I'm really looking forward to tomorrow being done with. And I've been in a pretty pissy mood most of the afternoon/evening. Oh, and I've already got the cravings for chocolate and cake - chocolate cake? Oh well.

I've prepared my mini-quiches for the week and made my spinach-artichoke dip. My boyfriend is going to be helping me tomorrow by making the unrolled cabbage casserole for me cause I'll be at work all day. :wub:

I'm right there with you! I fell off the wagon and into a pile of sweets around day 16. So I am on day 3 of my restart.

Good Luck! We can do it!

Oh and speaking of cravings....I think I stood in the store staring and some incredible sounding concoction called salted caramel Ice cream for about 5 minutes before I peeled my self away from that isle!

Andria - Oh god, that sounds amazing!! Good for you for leaving it on the shelf though!

So yesterday and today aren't exactly fully compliant. I had an unplanned snack at work yesterday (because my period just started so I'm sort of ravenous - hadn't planned on that) and it had peanut butter in it. And then today I'm really tired and need a coffee to wake me up and get some work done during my break at school - no time for a nap today, and coffee is about as repulsive to me as beer and wine. I can't drink it black without making a face at every sip. So, I put cream in, big wuss that I am (hey, at least I laid off the fake - and real - sugar!) Eventually I will get it right ^_^

I lost count of how many Whole30s I haven't completed for the same small reasons you mention above! You are right, keep at it, don't give up, and you will stick to it! I think your statement and attitude at the end are where its at. :)

Archived