Veal scaloppine?

(m)eat to live

I got a crazy good deal on 2lbs of veal scaloppine the other day, but the only recipes I know for this cut are veal marsala and veal parmigiana. I was thinking about pan frying in clarified butter with onion and green olives...?

Thoughts? Anything come to mind that doesn't "want" pasta for a side dish?

In 'normal' life I make a really yummy, non-compliant veal scallopini recipe hahah....but if I were to make it compliant, I think it would go like this:

- Slice a spaguetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds and guck; then put it facedown on a baking sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour on 400 degrees.

- Slice the veal into small pieces, and then coat them with almond flour/meal or coconut flour

- Combine a large can of crushed tomatoes, some italian spices, minced garlic (2-3 cloves), a diced green pepper, and diced spinach (If you want more liquid, add another can!)

- Heat a pot on low/medium heat with coconut oil or ghee and then add the coated veal so that it cooks slightly

- Then add you sauce to the veal, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let it simmer

- Take your squash out of the oven and scrape it to make your 'noodles' (let it cool a little bit first)

- Pour sauce onto spaguetti and enjoy!

I think I might have to go out and buy some veal now hahaha

Archived