Rob's Whole30 Log

Montco

I've been reading through the book and it definitely has me interested.

I've been Primal/Paleo on and off for the last 6 months or so and have dropped around 15 lbs. I would have dropped a lot more if I hadn't gone off plan so many times (and for days/weeks at a time).

My goal is to at some point in February start my initial Whole30 plan. I'd love to accomplish the full 30 days and feel great about myself. I failed at my first attempt in January after only a few days. Time to man up and get the job done. My body will thank me for it.

****UPDATE****

Posted this back on February 5th and never really put my plan into action. Decided to have a fresh start on 4/1/13.

• 1 month later...

Day 1 - 258 lbs

April 1, 2013

My wife and I just picked up a juicer and I decided to do a little mini juice-fast. So I only consumed fresh vegetable/fruit juices today on the first day of my Whole30. I figured it would give me a good jump start with my weight loss.

I know that ideally the foods should actually be eaten but I'd like to make juicing a regular part of my routine, and since the foods are Whole30 approved I'm okay with doing it during my Whole30.

I consumed around 80 ounces of juice today that included the following fruits/vegetables...

• Apples
  • Plums
  • Oranges
  • Grapefruit
  • Strawberries
  • Kale
  • Cucumber
  • Beets
  • Carrots

It was really ugly looking but tasted decent. I felt energized (probably from the fructose) and actually wasn't hungry all day. I think Day 2 will be part juicing, part eating.

Archived