Starting my Whole30 on June 18th!

Liz Powell

Hi everyone!

I'm a psychology trainee in the Army and I'm starting my Whole30 tomorrow. Today I cleaned out my kitchen and then went shopping for some awesome grass fed beef and veggies. I've been doing CrossFit for the past few months and I keep feeling like my body isn't performing the way it could and I can tell a HUGE difference if I've eaten poorly that day. I know exactly what I should eat and yet I keep making poor choices when my day is stressful or I'm feeling down or (insert excuse here).

I was reading Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution when I was linked to this site. I know, for me, that if I have the option to "cheat" or have scheduled poor eating times they'll simply multiply. I love how this approach is as much about the psychological changes as the physical and that's what I need. I need to change my relationship with food.

So, here I am, ready to get started. Let's do this.

I too am starting my first Whole 30 on June 18th! Here I sit at the computer, checking out awesome recipes at theclothesmakethegirl.com - I see by the clock that I've been on this Whole 30 for almost 2 hours, and can report that it's a breeze so far! :D

All kidding aside, I want to get these crazy food cravings mastered, learn to eat clean, and lose about 35 more pounds. I lost weight on a diet that in retrospect wasn't the best way to lose it, and now want to get rid of the processed foods and chemicals I have been putting into my body. Here we go!

I am officially starting today too! I have been eating paleo for a few weeks now, since my husband got into it for health reasons.

He is not overweight, but his cholesterol (specifically, triglycerides) was through the roof-in the 400-500 range. He went paleo for two months then had his blood tested again and his numbers were perfect! The doctor had no idea what he did to accomplish this and my husband said "I ate meat and fat, and lots of veg."

We have always been concious of our food and exercise choices, but I have always had a sweet tooth. And addiction is more accurate. So, I went off sugar first. Then, once I felt like I wan't going to kill anyone, I cut out grains. So far, we both feel so much better. No inflammation, more energy and no sugar lows and highs. And even though we are both in a healthy weight range, we have dropped a few pounds, too.

I have allowed myself a few "cheats", but now that I feel confident enough, I am going all out on the Whole 30.

Good luck to everyone who is starting today (or tomorrow)! It's going to be awesome!

Archived