Halfway there check in!

kimmy8982

I made it half way and am super pumped! It has not been the easiest journey, but I do know it has been worth it. I thought I'd reflect on the highlights, obstacles, and upcoming objectives for the remaining 15 days.

Highlights:

For the first time ever, I feel in control. No more cravings. None. Sure I may look at a cookie and reminisce—the same way I reminisce about an ex-boyfriend, smiling to myself, only to quickly realize how terrible he was for me, and how much healthier I am without him in my life. I even feel like if I DID have a bite, I'd be able to stop. BUT, I 'm not going to, because I'm committed to eating only what nourishes until the end of my whole30, and beyond. In addition, I feel less bloated, I'm sleeping more soundly and my skin has cleared up. I'm looking forward to the next 15 days and more highlights to come.

Obstacles:

Cooking, Shopping, and Planning, OH MY! I've pretty much become besties with the staff at my local market. I've tried making food to last the week, but by the 3rd day of eating the same thing, it sort of repulses me. It's been a bit of a struggle, especially with working long days and having to prepack multiple meals at once. I have faith it will get easier! Another struggle I've encountered is with my workouts; my body has had a hard time adjusting to burning fat instead of carbs and my stamina has suffered, but I'm hoping this is just an adjustment period and my workouts will only get better from here on out. Lastly over the last week I've felt some extreme emotional lows based on a stressful work situation, only to realize through reading the forums that for the first time in years I don't have food to distract me when I'm feeling down. After realizing this it actually felt good to have to deal with my real feelings and it made me realize just how messed up my relationship with food had become. It was a day I wanted to give up, that in the end made me want this all the more.

Goals:

• Space out my meals more evenly throuout the day.
  • Be better about getting in a PWO protein.
  • Try new recipes so I don't get bored.
  • Start doing yoga once a week so I have another outlet for stress besides eating.
  • Spring cleaning—I feel like when my home is less chaotic, I feel less chaotic inside.
  • Make it through the next 15 days and end feeling better than ever!

Kimmy this is wonderful! I remember your posts on your emotional struggle and I know how hard it was for you. I am so dam proud of you. Well done girl! Way to go. I wish you all the best in your continuing healthy lifestyle. Good luck

Archived