How is my meal plan?

I just started today, so I've only eaten my way through Meal #1 so far.

I think I've followed the guidelines, but I wonder if this is enough food! I'm 5'5" and 125 (for context). I'm also doing the StrongLifts program (weights, no cardio), so I may need to eat more protein?

This is my plan for the week...

Breakfast

• 2 eggs, fried or scrambled
  • 1/2 a grapefruit or 1 apple

Lunch

Pre-Workout

• Not sure yet! Suggestions welcome.

Post-Workout

• Tuna or salmon (or leftover meatloaf)
  • Sweet Potato

Dinner

Does anything stand out? Any suggestions?

Thanks! There's SO much great information here, it's kind of overwhelming!

Make sure you are having enough fats and veggies! I try to get at least 2 cups of veg per meal. Can you only hold 2 eggs in your hand? I am 5'1 and I can hold 3! Make sure you are getting enough protein as well! You will LOVE that meatloaf--I made it last week and oh wow! Yummy! Pre-work out, a hard boiled egg or 2 would be good for that.

I am sure others will have more ideas for you as well!

Make sure you are having enough fats and veggies! I try to get at least 2 cups of veg per meal. Can you only hold 2 eggs in your hand? I am 5'1 and I can hold 3! Make sure you are getting enough protein as well! You will LOVE that meatloaf--I made it last week and oh wow! Yummy! Pre-work out, a hard boiled egg or 2 would be good for that.

I am sure others will have more ideas for you as well!

Thanks! I'm taking it easy with eggs at first because I've been having some stomach problems after eating them, but hopefully I can increase those soon!

Since you are taking it easy on the eggs, what about left over protein? A meat patty, a grilled pork chop, left over chicken, steak or salmon instead? Breakfast doesn't have to be just breakfast food! Think of it as meal 1 instead! I had a asian inspired chicken stir fry soup the other morning for breakfast and it was divine! Maybe something like that instead?

Since you are taking it easy on the eggs, what about left over protein? A meat patty, a grilled pork chop, left over chicken, steak or salmon instead? Breakfast doesn't have to be just breakfast food! Think of it as meal 1 instead! I had a asian inspired chicken stir fry soup the other morning for breakfast and it was divine! Maybe something like that instead?

That's a great idea! I found some compliant sausage at the store last night (um, can you say $$$?) which could work too!

Archived