Jenna's Whole30, round 2!

Jenn35

I'm beginning my second Whole 30 tomorrow - I've learned quite a bit since I began my first Whole 30 on 1/1/13.

1. When I eliminate grains, sugar, and dairy from my diet - I lose weight, my skin clears, and the depression fades away.

2. I am fine without Diet Coke. My fun drink of choice is now La Croix. Tasty.

3. I've overcome going out with friends without alcohol. Since my 1st Whole 30 ended, I've had a total of 5 classes of wine, and maybe 4 beers. That's not so bad for a month and half.

3. My sugar dragon is still a beast. I'll work on this again during my 2nd Whole 30.

4. When I eat lots of grains, my stomach gets gurgley. Last week, I had pasta for the first time in over 3 months. As I layed in bed that night trying to fall asleep, I was kept awake by my stomach trying to digest that grains I had ingested. It was a terrible feeling.

5. Dairy doesn't seem to bother me, but I really thought it would. Guess I was wrong.

When I begin my Whole 30 tomorrow, I'm committing myself to clean eating until my vacation in May. I'm committing to logging at least once a week to see how I'm doing, and I'm committed to exercising. I failed at exercising during the last Whole 30. I find the gym intimidating, but I'm going to overcome that. I can't get into CrossFit (nor can I afford it) but I'm going to find a way to be active that makes me happy at least 3 times a week.

Wish me luck!

-jenna

I'm halfway through my first day. :)

I managed to get through breakfast - I had some preservative free lunchmeat and coffee for breakfast. Believe me, I hope to aim higher tomorrow.

Tonight, I'll head to Costco to stock up on food for the next two weeks. I'm planning to spend no more than $100, and I need to make it last an entire two weeks. One of the major problems I had during my last Whole30 is that I was spending way too much on food. I'm hoping that if I buy in bulk at Costco and from a local farm, I'll be able to keep my spending on track.

Here's what I'm shopping for:

• Beef: a roast, ground beef
  • Pork: loin or shoulder
  • Chicken: breast or thigh, sausage
  • Salmon
  • broccoli
  • spinach
  • frozen blueberries
  • bananas
  • sweet potatoes
  • butternut squash
  • onion

I hope this goes well!

Welp, I went a little cray-cray at Costco, spending a bit more than I originally planned. I'm also buying some grass fed beef from a friend who got a little more cow than they through when they went through the slaughterhouse method.

Despite all of the food I now have, I don't have any plans for dinner tonight. I have a raw chicken in my fridge, which isn't going to work for dinner. I have plenty of veggies though. I'm going to try brussel sprouts tonight and I'll probably have eggs, since I have plenty of those.

This all will come AFTER I go on a walk or a bike ride. The weather is absolutely crappy in Indiana right now, but I'm going to figure something out. Even if I do a hardcore cleaning of my house, I'll have burned some calories. Coming home, plopping down on the couch and watching TV is over.

Archived