Starting over today

ScoutFinch

I'd posted that I was going to continue on for a W45 or 60 since finishing the 30 last week. But in the last three days, I'd felt good enough, and there's a holiday coming, etc. etc., that I decided to try a few things that wouldn't be too bad and see how that went, and so for about three days I've had white potatoes, and yesterday just a little bit of chocolate. Shouldn't have been any kind of a problem, right? I mean, I finished a whole 30 and those are not listed as highly inflammatory foods or anything like that (and besides, Paul Jaminet says white potatoes are okay, and he knows a lot!). I also started slipping in terms of keeping up with other kinds of vegetables, and (after stupidly also reading Gary Taubes and taking Jaminet's advice for weight loss) cut my fat intake in half.

Well, both yesterday and this morning I awoke with stiff hands and shooting pains in both of my wrists to the point I could not lift my cast iron skillet, and fibromyalgia pain generally has been off the charts (bad weather and lots of storm activity all week, but that would only account for the latter and not the former).

And, besides all that and my ranting and raving against scales all along, I've kept the scale out since I weighed myself on Day 31, have weighed myself twice since then, including this morning, when I saw that I've "gained" a pound according to the scale (easily accounted for by the heavy lifting on Friday and whatever else goes on in the world). But, this with cutting fat and increasing starch over about four days, and I immediately thought, okay, forget it, I'm now officially going to stop reading diet and food books for a while, and do what I have concrete experience makes me feel well and good--and even if I'm not losing weight, I am certainly not gaining it--and most of all I feel better.

So, now going to start over, continue on for 45 days, reevaluate and if things still don't feel quite right in all the areas I'm looking at, keep going for 60, and see how that seems. And as before, no plans to post what I'm eating, although I will say that I had a great breakfast of winter squash soup and ground meat stir fry with green beans, celery, and cashews this morning and that felt and continues to feel EXCELLENT.

Hand pains disappeared and kicked butt (mine) at the gym this a.m., followed by poached chicken and baked sweet potato. Realize I have profound distrust that eating this much food is a good idea, but am going to do this, um, religiously. What is the worst that can happen?

Archived