Starting today - Easter Sunday!

Cavemum

jochi you are a machine!! well done on the dead lift and keep up the good work with the superclean eating.

NOTE TO SELF: if i dont have a decent breakfast, no matter what i eat during the day I'm going to have cravings at night.

How are you going HEATHERM? hope you are surviving the stress at work..

cm

Planning to stop at the Asian supermarket tomorrow to pick up some yamaimo to make this: http://perfecthealth...-style-pancake/ Pretty pumped. Interestingly, I lived in Japan for a while but can't recall ever having okonomiyaki...

Edit: oh, and BTW, what do you guys suggest for the "gluten-free flour" part? I generally bake with coconut flour, but I'm also wondering if maybe I could combine a mashed sweet potato with coconut flour or something....

Hi jochi and HeatherM if you are out there. Jochi you star that recipe looks hard! I haven't used coconut flour yet but your combo sounds good!

It's all over for me... I have had a very very bad 24 hrs.

I went away for 3 nights with the kids on my own, prepared by making large breakfast hash for the 3 days, some beef stew for nights, heaps of green veggies, some fruit. Anyway didn't sleep very well, sick child, very busy/ stressed during day, by day 3 I gave into a chocolate craving, the latte followed, then the slab of carrot cake- then more chocolate......

I feel crap- both physically and emotionally, and a bit disappointed. I am glad though I didn't give into alcohol as well. I will go back to the beginning again because I was feeling good and calm and happy!

The stress did it!, not being prepared, having a boring meal two many times... Anyway good luck guys I will stay on the posts to support you but it's day 1 for me... Better buy the book I think and learn something.

Cm

Hi All, The stress did me in as well. I worked 15 consecutive days and booked 100 + hours each week. I have to say that really messed me up, I fell off the wagon hard. Things are getting back on track at work right now and it's time for me to get myself back on track as well. I'm starting over today - Day 1 - and I'm so happy to be back at it. I WILL make 30 days this time!

I also didn't exercise for the past week or so and I feel terrible, time to get out there and hit the pavement this morning. I have a Tough Mudder event in just over 2 months and I have a lot of work to do to prepare for that.

I'm going back to logging my food as well...and skipping the scale for 30 days after my final weigh in this am..

good on you HeatherM

I dont know if I am able to do it again.. it felt a little too much like deprivation. Although I felt good I am always concerned about the after effects of constantly denying myself "just a little piece of chocolate" i have this very unhealthy relationship with sweet food now. Once I start I cant stop...I just keep returning to the fridge cupboard etc etc. It seems to be getting worse, i have also put on a few kilos the last few weeks, ever since I went hard on the no grains, no sugar, no fruit (well minimal) i am eating nuts and coconut cream, but hardly by the bucket loads... i think it would be healthier to have that forbidden banana than nothing and then go 'bananas at night' and have 200g of chocolate. one cant always whip up a salad. I can see why i wasnt hungry... it was because i was eating far too much.

I also dont want to be this obsessed with food, what starts as an interest quickly takes up all my time reading blogs, recipes, cooking and in particular cooking PALEO treats...

i wish you all the best with your next 30 days

Archived