morning Crossfit WO

-3eggs scrambled in ghee

-coffee with coconut milk/oil blend

Lots of water

Lunch

-chicken lettuce wraps

--lettuce, chicken, tomato, avocado, homemade mayo

- broccoli salad

--broccoli, scallions, apple pieces, sugar free bacon, dressing (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic)

Coffee with coconut milk/oil blend

Dinner

-venison stir fry

--deer steak, zucchini, red yellow and orange bell peppers, mushrooms. Seasoned with basil, oregano, garlic, onion, s&p, apple cider vinegar, evoo

-sweet potato slices fried in coconut oil topped with pecans

Hi Courtney - looks good so far. Remember to have veggies for breakfast as well.

And, I recently read this somewhere else on the Forum. Something for you to consider since you workout in the morning...

Your PWO meal is a special bonus meal, dedicated just to your recovery. So if your PWO meal is your first meal of the day, you still need to eat "Meal 1," "Meal 2," and "Meal 3" in the course of your day. Make sense? If you're training that hard, you need the extra nutrition to support your activity level, so on days when you train, you eat a pre-workout snack, a PWO meal, and then breakfast/lunch/dinner.

Hi Carie, thanks. Yes I was too lazy to chop some veggies I think I'll chop some extra from dinner that I can just reheat. Question for you... My WO is at 5:30am, I literally roll out of bed to get there on time. Should I still get a snack in before I head out the door? If so, what would you recommend that I won't be burping up throughout the wod ?

Hi Courtney -

The Whole9 Nutrition Workshop Packet says to include a small amount of protein (1/2 a meal size or smaller), and (optionally) a small amount of fat (1/2 a meal size or smaller). Do not add fruit or carb-dense veggies to your pre-workout snack. It specifically says if you train first thing in the morning, something is better than nothing.

I opened this question up to a few of the athletes at my gym and the answers were all over the board. Some eat big at night, their WODs seem fine (they are not dizzy or too exhausted to continue) so they don't pre-WOD snack. Some like hard boiled eggs and/or some Applegate sausage before...just a bit of fat and protein, but not much. Some even like an apple.

I workout in the evening and I eat about an hour before I do. My pre-WOD snack usually consists of whatever protein I had for lunch and some avocado or some olives.

Take a look in the Whole30 For Athletes section of the Forum and see what works for others. I also believe this will take some tinkering on your part to see what works for you.

Hope this helps.

Ok, thank you Carie. I'll mess around with my options and see which works best for me.

Day 2: June 26

Post WO:

Eggs scrambled in ghee

Sautéed spinach

Meal 1:

Bean-less Chili - venison burger, tomato sauce, fire roasted chili's, black olives, garlic, spices

Coffee with coconut milk/oil blend

Meal 2:

Leftover chili

Frozen berries blended with 1/4c coconut milk and tsp unsweetened cocoa powder

Meal3:

Egg and sausage scramble

Acorn squash

Day 3: June 27

Pre WO:

hard boiled egg

Spoonful of coconut milk/oil blend

Crossfit

Post WO:

Eggs

Coconut milk/oil

Meal 1:

Venison steak & veggies (zucchini, mushrooms, peppers)

Coffee w/coconut milk/oil

Meal 2:

Bean-less chili

Berry blend ( 1/4c coconut milk, 1c frozen berries, 1tsp unsweetened cocoa powder)

Snack: coconut butter (about 2Tbsp)

Meal 3:

Elk steak

Collard greens with crumbed sausage

Sautéed carrots and onions with pecans

Day 4: June 28

Pre WO:

boiled egg white,

tiny spoon of coconut butter

Crossfit

Post WO/ meal 1:

scrambled eggs,

sautéed spinach

Meal 2:

elk steak,

sweet potato cooked in coconut oil

coffee w/ coconut milk/oil (2 cups)

Meal 3:

chicken breast,

collard greens,

tomatoes w/ balsamic vinegar and evoo

Desert: home made Date bars- dates, walnuts, unsweetened cocoa powder, vanilla extract

Well, I'm an idiot! I just realized the vanilla extract I put in last nights date bars was so NOT whole 30. I'm so irritated with myself, especially knowing that they probably would have tasted the same without the vanilla.. well, moving on from that mistake. Hopefully that wasn't too huge of a mistake.

Archived