Jeff's W30 Log for April

Jeff Fairhart

Day 22 here....

Meal 1: Three cage free eggs over easy, half sweet potato, scoop of guacamole, one banana, 4 organic strawberries

Meal 2: Grass fed burger with egg over easy on top and guacamole, roasted broccoli

Pre workout snack: One hard boiled egg, small handful cashews

Post workout snack: Two hard boiled egg, one sweet potato

Meal 3: Organic rib eye steak, asparagus, mushrooms, and bell peppers

Day 23.....my energy levels remain quite high through most of the day. I still do not have any overpowering cravings for sugar or chocolate, which is exactly what I wanted to achieve with this eating plan.

Meal 1: 3 cage free hard boiled eggs, half sweet potato, one banana

Meal 2: 2 salmon, asparagus, mushrooms and bell peppers with a side of cucumbers, olives, and raw broccoli

Meal 3: Baked organic chicken thigh and leg, spinach salad, cucumbers, baby carrots, avocado drizzled with olive oil/lemon juice dressing, half avocado and half sweet potato.

Just 7 more days left!

Day 24 meals

Meal 1: 3 cage free hard boiled eggs, half sweet potato, half avocado, one banana

Meal 2: Organic chicken breast baked, spinach salad, side of broccoli, cucumbers, baby carrots

Meal 3: Grass fed burger with egg over easy, half avocado, spinach salad, baby carrots, cucumbers, olive oil/lemon juice topping

My waistline has become noticeably smaller. I've even had people comment that I look like I've lost some weight. Now I'm getting worried and hoping that I haven't lost too much weight. My primary goal was to break my sugar habit, not lose a whole bunch of weight. 5 pounds is the most I'd be happy losing. Any more than that will likely mean I'm losing some muscle. I've upped my protein intake for the last week and I work out at least 4 days a week, if not 5.

Day 25.....only five more days left of W30.....wow! I don't think I've ever committed to something as extensive and long as this eating plan in my life. I'm pretty impressed with myself to say the least ;-)

Meal 1: 3 cage free hard boiled eggs, half sweet potato, half avocado, one banana (Am I sick of this same meal....hell no!!)

Meal 2: Organic chicken breast slow cooked from the other night, serving of asparagus, mushrooms, zucchini, side of broccoli and baby carrots

Meal 3: Grass fed burger with egg over easy on top, guacamole, roasted broccoli

Day 25.....only five more days left of W30.....wow! I don't think I've ever committed to something as extensive and long as this eating plan in my life. I'm pretty impressed with myself to say the least ;-)

Bravo! :)

Thanks Derval!

Day 26 meals.....

Meal 1: Three cage free hard boiled eggs, half sweet potato, scoop guacamole, one banana, one mandarin orange

Meal 2: Hefty serving roasted broccoli, one organic baked chicken breast, side serving baby carrots

Meal 3: Grassfed ribeye steak grilled, roasted acorn squash, grilled asparagus, red chard and zucchini

It is getting surprisingly easy to do all this. I suppose I've now gotten used to it more than anything. The biggest challenge in 5 days is going to be to keep up with the good habits I've developed and not fall back into bad habits.

Here is Day 27!

Meal 1: 4 cage free hard boiled eggs, one sweet potato, one avocado, one banana

Meal 2: One serving wild caught salmon baked, serving acorn squash, serving of asparagus grilled

Meal 3: Grass fed burger with one egg over easy, scoop of avocado, roasted acorn squash, half sweet potato, side salad with cucumbers and tomatoes drizzled with lemon juice/olive oil (This was also my post workout meal)

Looking forward to the next three days!!

Day 28 here......I've been thinking a lot the last couple days about how I'm just about to 30 days and the common thought in my head is "What will I do now???". I've had these rules and restrictions to keep me on the straight and narrow but after the official 30 days is over, I'm not sure I really want it to be! On one hand it will be nice to have cheat days and I do plan to have them. However I'm hoping that I can keep this going without having these strict rules about what I can or can not eat every day. I'm sure I will figure it out anyway.

Meal 1: Four cage free eggs over easy, one sweet potato, guacamole, one banana

Meal 2: One serving lamb roast, side baby spinach salad with cucumbers and guacamole, half sweet potato, small serving roasted acorn squash

Meal 3: Grilled grass fed ribeye steak, roasted broccoli drizzled with coconut oil and garlic, sauteed mushrooms

Day 29....I can't believe tomorrow is the final day! Wow! It's been quite a ride....

Meal 1: Four cage free eggs over easy, half avocado, one sweet potato, one banana

Meal 2: One serving wild caught salmon grilled, serving roasted broccoli

Meal 3: Three pieces organic chicken thighs baked, one sweet potato, grilled asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, and peppers, side of caramelized onions

I've been feeling pretty good lately. I'm looking forward to day after tomorrow when I weigh and measure myself. The reason is that I need to see where I'm at so I can make adjustments to my eating patterns. For a while, I was worried that I wasn't eating enough and may be losing too much weight. I've had quite a few people tell me I look like I've lost weight so I need to know exactly how much. I'm hoping no more than five pounds but we'll see.

Here we are at the finish line.......Day 30!! Wow it has been quite a ride and I'm proud that I've been able to stick with it. Looking back, it wasn't easy at first trying to adjust to all that cooking and all. However I've gotten so used to it that I'm not sure what I'm going to do now! My hunger and cravings have finally gotten under control. I really didn't start seeing the true benefit of this until the last week.

Meal 1: 4 cage free hard boiled eggs, half sweet potato, half avocado, one banana

Meal 2: 3 organic chicken thighs baked, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers

Meal 3: Serving of wild caught salmon, one egg over easy, baby spinach salad with red chard, leaf lettuce, baby carrots, half avocado with lemon juice/olive oil.

This will be my last post in this log, however, in the next couple days I will be making a post in the Post Whole30 section where I will explain more in detail the aftermath of all this. See ya all!!

Archived