Christina's Whole30

I stumbled upon Whole30 on facebook while driving home from vacation this weekend and decided to start the next day. I downloaded the book and subscribed to the newsletter. My husband is doing it with me. Last year we changed our eating habits and started working out and I lost 60 pounds. Since September, I have had two ankle reconstruction surgeries. I got back on track between surgeries and today is 6 weeks since my most recent one. I am hoping to start weight bearing and exercising again after I go back to the doctor tomorrow. I am doing Whole30 to get back on track with a healthy diet after many weeks of eating whatever my amazing friends brought our busy family for dinner and then 10 days of vacation. So far it has been OK.

Yesterday's food:

B: - roasted (in the oven with olive oil) diced sweet potatoes, green peppers, and onions topped with one over medium egg (cooked in olive oil) and 1/2 avocado.

L - Wild caught tuna smashed with 1 avocado, tomato slices, a few carrot sticks, and a clementine.

D - Grass fed beef with homemade taco seasoning, 1/2 avocado, fresh salsa wrapped in dark green lettuce leaves and a spoonful of organic sunbutter.

Today's food:

B - The roasted sweet potato, pepper, onion mix topped with 1/2 avocado, egg, fresh salsa, and some leftover taco meat.

L - grass fed hamburger patty and mixed greens with olive oil, lemon, and sunflower seeds (I ate out for a lunch meeting so I did the best I could) and a big spoonful of sunbutter and a clementine when I got home.

D - Roasted Spaghetti squash with organic spaghetti sauce (with no sugar) and ground bison.

Yesterday night I started getting a headache and had one on and off today but nothing major. I did wake up with some shakes and clamminess but it went away by lunch. My husband jokes that he has skipped to the wanting to kill everyone phase. My kids made a frozen pizza today and my daughter ate chocolate in front of me. I thought the smells and sights would be more tempting than they were.

I tend to be pretty hard core when it comes to setting and completing goals (lost 60 pounds last year, quit my HUGE diet pepsi addiction cold turkey 15 months ago and walked 63 miles in the Komen walk over 3 days...plus the 500+ training miles last summer on a bum ankle) so I am pretty confident I can pull this off.

To help get motivated into a workout routine again (I work out with a trainer 2-3x week plus 3-5 days of cardio when not spending 6 weeks laying on the couch recovering from ankle surgery), I have set a goal to do Tough Mudder in September to celebrate my 39th birthday. I think that clean eating will give me the energy and fuel to get from couch to TM in 5 months! I do plan on adding whole grains and healthy dairy back in in moderation but aside from some very dark chocolate on occasion I plan on staying away from sugar.

So...that is my story. :)

Archived