Too much fat?

Keleah Hedges

So eating fat is totally new for me. I used to use Weight Watchers for diet control but I was always hungry and it promoted a low fat diet. Today is my first day on the whole 30 and for breakfast I had 4 eggs scrambled with tomatoes, spinach and red bell pepper and a medium apple. For lunch I had a spinach salad with hard boiled eggs, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, olive oil and chicken breast and some strawberries. Am I eating too much fat?

Not at all. I don't see any fat except perhaps your cooking fat at breakfast, and if you followed the template for lunch and your olive oil was the size of your thumb, you are fine. We have all been conditioned to think fat is bad. It's not. A lot of the bad press was the result of a deliberate effort by the sugar industry to deflect attention away from themselves when the government decided to address the growing obesity problem. The more you read, the more you'll see how we've been lied to by people who had a financial stake in our choices.

Welcome to the other side! Fat not only tastes good, it keeps us full until the next meal. That's why low-fat diets are not sustainable--people get tired of being hungry all the time. Just go with the flow, revel in the naughtiness of it ;) and enjoy your food like never before.

Thank you. My olive oil may have been 2 thumb fulls, I just drizzled it on. 4 eggs I felt were a little much this morning but I am happy to report that on day one I'm not starving!

I often eat above the template in fat. It hasn't hurt me at all. Not starving is the key. Too many diets fail because they restrict your intake drastically. There's no need to suffer on this program. If you are eating close to the recommended amounts of protein and fat, you can have as many veggies as you need to feel satisfied. It is almost impossible to overeat on veggies.

Archived