Started AIP 4/29/13

deborah

Virtually alone in a movie theater last week and all by myself in the back rows, I searched Amazon for books on healing inflammation. It Starts with Food came up. With 500 nearly unanimously positive reviews, I decided I'd give it a shot.

I plowed through the book in a day and dived in to living it with no preparation. I spent a few frustrating but exciting days doing that before deciding to really, officially go for it. This is my official fourth day (AIP to ensure sensitivities don't counter the benefits). I seem to have gotten through most of the carb flu, thank goodness, and I'm excited to be learning a little more about cooking and eating healthy by the day. I closed out today with spaghetti squash and chicken. Mmm.

Better still, there's enough for a couple additional meals of the same! I love cooking, but I also love not having to cook. I also love that, after several years on PPIs, I have had only one tablet in eight days.

My biggest problem so far is insomnia. I'm hoping that goes away within the next week or two, as my body adapts.

I wasn't going to post here since I don't like spending much time online, but decided it would be nice to at least say hi. So, hi!

Hi Deborah, welcome, nice to hear from you. Yes, however nice it is to cook, it's nice to have leftovers to get a break from it. Doing the AI protocol does make it more restrictive but there's quite a few on here doing it, there's a few threads about their experiences. So if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask, I'm sure someone will be able to help you, they're a really friendly bunch here. Good luck

Thank you for the welcome, Kirsteen! I'm pretty happy on the leftover front at the moment, with a couple days' worth in my fridge. This is a huge change from just a week ago, when little was cooked (mostly raw veg/fruit+rice cooker rice) and little left over.

Speaking of rice, I dreamed I had a few bites before remembering Whole30. I was frustrated to have to start over for rice, but then extra glad to awaken. :)

Archived