Newbie here: hello!

percypat

I started the Whole 30 on Thursday 2nd May and so far, so good.

I've been trying to stick to whole foods and no preservatives for awhile, and avoid dairy because of my eczema, so I think that has been good preparation for me. Big challenge is staying off the grains and the sugar!

Already have less of an urge to snack which for me is quite incredible. I am a very hungry person :)

Glad to be here, good luck to any other newbies out there!

Our pre-Whole30 diets sound pretty similar! This has made the transition easier than it might have been, I think. I think it also explains why my only craving dream so far was for rice, since I wasn't eating anything too wild the last few months. (The craving dream tickles me since I didn't even like rice at the beginning of the year.) So far an occasional--but fleeting--yearning for India Pale Ale is proving my biggest hurdle of my first week.

I digress. Happy eating!

I think so too! I expect I'll have the rice craving dream at some point: my mum is Chinese and I was brought up eating the stuff nearly everyday. Will miss it much much more than potatoes, bread and pasta. Funny you having the dream though :)

Happy eating to you too!

Hey! I began (2nd time try) on May 2nd as well. Yippee Day 5. Have you tried the the cauliflower rice pilaf recipe from Melissa's Joulwan's book Well Feed? Amazing. If not yet, here's the link:

http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2013/03/30/cauliflower-rice-pilaf/

She also suggested can take out the dried fruit and maybe the dried spices to make a basic cauliflower rice.

Archived