I love this lifestyle???

I really do love this lifestyle. I love the food and the people and I have loved how I have felt. When I am not in extreme discomfort, I have a smile on my face, I like myself and how I interact with the world. I LOVE eating three, real meals a day. I love trying new things and I love the variety. Lately, it just hasn't been working.

So, I completed my first Whole 30 and took about two weeks off and now I am in my third week of my second, which is set to go a minimum of 30 days. I had some trouble with fats in my first days of my first W30 - my body doesn't like all of them, but coconut is good and easy. Then, things went well, except when they didn't and then I was suddenly sick all of the time. I was in pretty severe digestive distress by the end of 30 days. My doctor intervened with very high doses of magnesium because the problem persisted. I have stayed on double magnesium, but still puff up after every meal. I honestly look and feel pregnant. So, now the cooked veggie treatment. One week of cooked veggies worked like magic, but I had salad in a restaurant (the chef was great with us and food was perfectly clean) and I puffed up again. I pretty much haven't gotten things back together since then.

I seem to have less willpower this time around. I am eating compliant foods, but have been tempted to go off plan just for the convenience. I spent yesterday and today cooking meals and veggie sides so that I have convenience when I need it. But, I have found myself eating between every meal (typically coconut flakes, olives, and/or homemade elk jerky). I thought maybe my breakfasts were too delayed and now I think part of it may just be that hunger confusion of having an upset stomach. My Whole30 feels broken and I can't figure out how to get myself to cooperate to fix it.

Enzymes, probiotics, kombucha, and ginger are all on board.

I know I could say more about my health background and such, but I guess this is more of a rant and I appreciate having had the opportunity to share.

Hi Nico, I can empathize. :(

I completed a W31 last summer and loved the results.

I just finished a planned W20 and had good results. I started another round less than a week later and it has just been underwhelming. I am sick of protein, but fat and veg are still my friends. My belly protrudes outwards rather than the lovely bloat free look of last summer.

Keep up with what you are doing! It may just be a rut but you know the consequences if you go totally off the rails. So not worth it.

Thanks, Amy and Arabella. I mean it. Working on this with my doctor, but support of people who have their own struggles is always welcome.

Archived