JennieO turkey burgers

Hotty

I read on the label of JennieO turkey burger that the burgers have "natural flavoring." I looked on the Internet and saw that the natural flavoring is rosemary (according to JennieO customer service). Can anyone verify that this meat is ok on Whole 30?

• Moderators

Natural flavoring always raises some suspicion about why they are not spelling out exactly what is included, but natural flavorings do not make something invalid for the Whole30. So, natural flavorings would not make the JennieO turkey burgers a problem. 

I am reluctant to endorse any vendor's product as Whole30 okay because I have seen vendors change their formulations. You have to look at the ingredient list regularly to make sure they have not added something that is not okay. 

• 3 years later...
1 hour ago, Wrmheart said:

Question about Jennie O seasoned turkey burger, no sugar is listed on the"chart"  but the 3rd ingredient is dextrose and corn syrup.. how can they say no sugar? And this isn't complaint is it?

It's not compliant. Because the sugars are under the "2% or less" category it looks like they don't have to appear in the nutritional information because 0 grams. But 2% or less is still too much for Whole30. That's why we focus on the ingredients list, not the nutrition label. 

Read the ingredients list on everything before you eat it. :) Sugars, especially, are everywhere. 

Archived