What should come first?

Today is day 30 for my husband and I, and we plan to start the fast track reintroduction tomorrow. Our reintroduction has gotten a bit complicated, as he has an out of town work trip for days 1-3 of reintroduction, and we are also going on a vacation in 10 days. I know that seems like not enough time to do even the fast track, but we are only planning on reintroducing two food groups (alcohol and natural sugar). My question is, which should we introduce first? 

Also, let's say we decide to reintroduce alcohol first, will we still be safe to eat some of the items that are not specifically "groups?" (like bacon that has sugar in it, or grilled meat from a restaurant that might be cooked in an oil we haven't eaten during the whole30?)

I'd go with sugar first, as alcohol contains alcohol AND sugar. Sugar isn't likely to cause a physical reaction, more a psychological/emotional one leading to cravings or poor food choices. Alcohol MAY give a physical reaction depending on the type you are trying, but again watch out for the psychological/emotional reactions here too.

Unfortunately once the trial day is done you need to go back to eating compliant foods for 2 days before trying the next food group.

Archived